EVENTS & PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Role Description: This position requires strong sales skills and effective verbal and written skills relating to membership and the community. Strong computer skills are also required. This person must be detailed, and multi-task oriented with the ability to work both independently and with a team. Position is Part-time, approximately 20 hours per week, salaried position. Some weekend and evening work is required. Additionally, this position is supervisor and coordinator for all Chamber events and special projects and is often the immediate aid to the Executive Director. Candidate must possess diverse skills relating to event coordination, safety requirements, organization, volunteer management, public relations, and marketing as well as effective communication skills and advanced computer knowledge. This position requires decision making with regard to specific job-related duties. Responsibilities include all promotion, budget, volunteer coordination, logistics, etc. for each event, including event petty cash needs and accountability.
- Chamber Ribbon Cuttings – Scheduling, Promotion and Operation
- Business Networking Mixers – Scheduling, Promotion and Operation
- Annual Chamber Events Rental Contracts; Event Permits
- Event Related Display and Visual Ads – TV, Digital Ads, etc
- Update Event Forms
- Take Photos/Video at Events when needed
- Camera Video Supplies; Maintain Photo/Video Files
- Bike & Brew Prep & Press
- Bridal Show Prep. & Press
- Annual Awards Dinner & Auction – assist ED with coordination, menus, auctions
- Staff Appreciation Luncheon – coordinate/implementation, door prize collections, goody bags, decor
- General Membership Meetings – Create Presentations, supervise event, solicit sponsorships
- Post Chamber events to Chamber website, Facebook and Other Marketing Areas/Update Phone Recording
- Event-Related E-Mail/ Fax Blasts
- Event Related Follow-up & Critique
- Social Media Update – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Activities/Events – Prep and Press
- Telephone Background Advertising Coordination
- Maintain media list
- Secure financial support for Chamber events through sponsorship and vendor/exhibitor sales
- Manages the budgets for assigned Chamber events
- Coordinates all staff and volunteers for the operations of chamber events
- Oversees all committee meetings for Chamber events
- Maintains files and creates notebooks for all Chamber events
- Schedule and coordinate speakers, obtain bios
- Membership and other meetings and prepare proper press and media release.
- Fax/E-Mail Blasts to Membership (as needed)
- Place internal information on Bulletin Board
- Other duties deemed necessary to carry out the Chamber’s Mission Statement
Supervision of Others:
This position is not responsible for supervision of others.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
The Western Sussex Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15,000.00 to $15,001.00 /year
- Sales: 2 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Employee discounts
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
Hours per week: