ALPHA Services, founded in l993, is an award winning federal government contractor. We are seeking an individual for Protocol Support at the Medical Education and Training Campus (METC), Joint Base San Antonio-Fort Sam Houston, TX. Contingent Position.
- High school diploma
- Minimum two years administrative support experience
- Ability to clearly communicate in writing and orally
- Excellent organization skills and time management
- Able to work professionally with individuals, diverse groups and the public
- Proficient in the basic Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Must possess and maintain the qualities of integrity and professionalism that demonstrate a positive work ethic in relation to the METC mission
- Must be neatly groomed and wear appropriate attire while serving in official capacity as determined by the respective METC leadership and program managers.
Ability to pass a drug screening and government background investigation.
Physical Demands. Working environment can be physically demanding; will be regularly required to walk and stand for extended periods up to 80% of the time; frequently required to move in and about the 1.5 million sq. foot of campus.
- Position will serve as protocol specialist to assist the protocol officer with the planning, coordinating, and implementing a variety of events to include domestic and foreign visits, military and civilian ceremonies, special events, and meetings. The contractor shall assist the public affairs officer with the planning, coordinating, and executing of public and media visits, provide photography support for events and visits, and provide support for press releases.
- Assist the protocol officer with the development of plans and instructions for escort officers and transportation. Assist in developing plans and procedures to handle visitors and support personnel. Assist the protocol officer in developing guidelines for staff and other command officers to follow.
- Assist the protocol officer with the planning, coordinating, and implementing of military and civilian ceremonies to include retirements, awards, promotions, and changes of command. Assist the protocol officer in the planning and implementing of protocol functions for casual to formal social events (i.e., dining in/out, ordnance ball, holiday parties, receptions, special breakfasts, luncheons, and dinners). Work closely with action officers to provide established requirements. Assist the protocol officer with the development of plans to provide needed services with a minimum disruption to schedules. With guidance from the protocol officer, respond to numerous calls from a wide variety of sources to provide information and make arrangements relative to the protocol functions. Assist the protocol officer with assigned command sponsored meetings, special events, and community relations events involving higher ranking general officers and foreign visitors.
- Assist the Public Affairs Officer with the planning, coordinating, and executing of public and media visits including securing a room for mission brief, engaging with program leadership, completing and submitting un-escorted access request forms, and escorting visitors on tour route. Provide photograph support coverage of special events and other activities including commandant’s calls, change of commands, retirements/awards/promotions ceremonies, high-level visits, program events, and training activities. Monitor and contribute to social media posts – ensure posts are vetted with the protocol officer in advance of posting. Research and write articles highlighting METC accomplishments and personnel.
- Assist the executive assistant with routine administrative duties in support of the METC. (routine administrative duties include coordinating calendars, gathering and/or preparing read aheads and agendas for meetings, preparing meeting minutes, answering telephone calls and assisting or referring customers as appropriate, as well as logging, reviewing, editing, routing, and filing routine correspondence items).
- Manage all data created for government use or legally controlled by the government, in support of the functional activity or required by Air Force (AF) publication.
Hours: M-F, 8 AM – 5 PM.
Compensation: $26.58 per hr. plus Health/Dental/Life Insurance/401K, PTO, Paid federal holidays.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $55,280.00 /year
- Administrative Support: 2 years (Required)
- San Antonio, TX (Required)