We are looking for Data Scientist who has a passion for their customers and a passion for working with data. You like working with your customers, understanding their challenges, and partnering with them to invent great solutions. You like working with large data sets, and bringing data together from multiple systems to answer critical business questions and drive change. You are analytical and creative. You should also have the following skills or experiences:
- 3+ years developing end-to-end analytics solutions: data modeling, reporting and insight recommendations
- 3+ years in relational database concepts with a solid knowledge of SQL, Big Data technologies
- Advanced Degree in Statistics, Economics, Operations Management, Finance, Computer Science, or a related field
- 3+ years’ experience in Data Analysis, Business Analytics, Business Intelligence, or related technical field working as Research scientist/Data Scientist.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skill
Hundreds of millions of customers, billions of transactions, petabytes of data… How to use the world’s richest collection of e-commerce data to provide superior value and better paying experience to customers ? The Amazon Payments Team manages all Amazon branded payment offerings globally. These offerings are growing rapidly and we are continuously adding new market-leading features and launching new products. Amazon.com has a culture of data-driven decision-making and demands business intelligence that is timely, accurate, and actionable. This team provides a fast-paced environment where every day brings new challenges and new opportunities.
Our team of high caliber software developers, data scientists, statisticians and product managers use rigorous quantitative approaches to ensure that we target the right product to the right customer at the right moment, managing tradeoffs between click through rate, approval rates and lifetime value. In order to accomplish this we leverage the wealth of Amazon’s information to build a wide range of probabilistic models, set up experiments that ensure that we are thriving to reach global optimums and leverage Amazon’s technological infrastructure to display the right offerings in real time.
As a Data Scientist you will be working in one of the world's largest and most complex data warehouse environments. You should be passionate about working with huge data sets and be someone who loves to bring datasets together to answer business questions. You should have deep expertise in creation and management of datasets. You will build data analytical solutions that will address increasingly complex business questions.
You should be expert at implementing and operating stable, scalable data flow solutions from production systems into end-user facing applications/reports. These solutions will be fault tolerant, self-healing and adaptive. You will be working on developing solutions that provide some of the unique challenges of space, size and speed. You will implement data analytics using cutting edge analytics patterns and technologies that are inclusive of but not limited to various AWS Offerings -EMR, Lambda, Kinesis, and Spectrum. You will extract huge volumes of structured and unstructured data from various sources (Relational /Non-relational/No-SQL database) and message streams and construct complex analyses. You will write scalable code and tune performance running over billion of rows of data. You will implement data flow solutions that process data on Spark ,Redshift and store in Redshift ,Filebased system (S3) for reporting and adhoc analysis.
You should be detail-oriented and must have an aptitude for solving unstructured problems. You should work in a self-directed environment, own tasks and drive them to completion.
You should have excellent business and communication skills to be able to work with business owners to develop and define key business questions and to build data sets that answer those questions. You own customer relationship about data and execute tasks that are manifestations of such ownership, like ensuring high data availability, low latency, documenting data details and transformations and handling user notifications and training.
- PhD in Statistics, Economics, Operations Management, Finance, Computer Science, or a related field
- Proven experience in building statistical models using R, Python, Scala, or a related software (especially, Optimization and ML modeling), with a willingness to learn and develop additional skills in statistical model, machine learning, and large-scale scientific computing.
- Practical experience in implementing optimization models and tools through the use of high-level modeling languages
- Business Intelligence systems and data presentation (Tableau, QlikView, MicroStrategy, PowerBI)
- Track record of diving into data to discover business insights
- High-level knowledge of various machine learning techniques and key parameters that affect their performance.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Proven ability to influence without authority .
- Ability to work effectively within an interdisciplinary team of Data Engineers, BIEs, and Product Managers.
- Ability to communicate relevant scientific insights from data to senior business leaders, financial analysts, and product managers.
- Experience with large data sets, big data and analytics.
- Extensive theoretical statistical training, including the ability to carefully adapt/modify existing statistical tools to accommodate new applied use cases.
- Ability to distill problem definitions, models, and constraints from informal business requirements; and to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives.
- Prior background in machine learning and forecasting is a plus.
- Work experience at financial service industry is a plus.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
Amazon is an equal opporunity employer.