- FOR NOW, all Accenture business travel, international and domestic, is currently restricted to client-essential sales/delivery activity only.
- PLEASE NOTE: The safety and well-being of our people continues to be the top priority, and our decisions around travel are informed by government COVID-19 response directives, recommendations from leading health authorities and guidance from a number of infectious disease expert
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements, in conjunction with the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value, provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
A leading partner to the world’s major cloud providers, including AWS, Azure, and Google. The formation of Accenture Cloud First, with a $3 billion investment over three years, demonstrates our commitment to deliver greater value to our clients when they need it most. Our Cloud First multi-service group of more than 70,000 cloud professionals delivers a full stack of integrated cloud capabilities across data, edge, integrated infrastructure and applications, deep ecosystem skills, culture of change along with a deep industry expertise to shape, move, build and operate our clients’ businesses in the cloud. To accelerate our customers transformation leveraging cloud, we combine world-class learning and talent development expertise; deep experience in cloud change management; and cloud-ready operating models with a commitment to responsible business by design — with security, data privacy, responsible use of artificial intelligence, sustainability and ethics and compliance built into the fundamental changes Accenture helps companies achieve.
As part of our Data & AI group, you will lead technology innovation for our clients through robust delivery of world-class solutions. You will build better software better! There will never be a typical day and that’s why people love it here. The opportunities to make a difference within exciting client initiatives are unlimited in the ever-changing technology landscape. You will be part of a highly collaborative and growing network of technology and data experts, who are taking on today’s biggest, most complex business challenges using the latest data and analytics technologies. We will nurture your talent in an inclusive culture that values diversity. You will have an opportunity to work in roles such as Data Scientist, Data Engineer, or Chief Data Officer covering all aspects of Data including Data Management, Data Governance, Data Intelligence, Knowledge Graphs, and IoT. Come grow your career in Technology at Accenture!
The Solution Architect is responsible for providing presales cloud support from lead qualification through hands-off of a signed proposal to the Accenture delivery team for Amazon AWS based deals. The ideal candidate would also be responsible for developing and delivering cloud solutions to meet today’s high demand in areas such as AIML, IoT, advanced analytics, open source, enterprise collaboration, microservices, serverless, etc. The Regional Amazon AWS Solution Architect lead will work with cloud partners and other internal groups to evaluate supporting new technologies and industry specific use cases based on client needs. Using Amazon AWS public cloud technologies, our Solution Architects professionals implement state-of-the-art, scalable, high performance solutions that meet the need of today’s corporate and emerging digital applications.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Through a formal sales process, work with the Sales team to identify and qualify opportunities.
- Lead cloud solutioning and scoping to generate estimates and approaches for proposals and SOWs for customers.
- Conduct full technical discovery, identifying pain points, business and technical requirements, “as is” and “to be” scenarios.
- Assess the full technology stack of services required including PaaS (Platform as-a-service), IaaS (Infrastructure as-a-service), SaaS (software as-a-service), operations, management and automation.
- Lead the discussions and early analysis of the cloud concepts as it relates to Accenture’s Journey to Cloud methodology so that clear use cases are developed and prioritized as well as transitioning these concepts from ideas to proof-of-concepts with the full support of the appropriate teams.
- Compare solution alternatives across both technical and business parameters which support the define cost and service requirements.
- Apply Accenture methodology, Accenture reusable assets, and previous work experience to delivery consistently high-quality work.
- Deliver written or oral status reports regularly.
- Stay educated on new and emerging technologies/patterns/methodologies and market offerings that may be of interest to our clients.
- Adapt to existing methods and procedures to create possible alternative solutions to moderately complex problems.
- Understand the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals.
- Use considerable judgment to define solution and seeks guidance on complex problems.
- Prepare and deliver product messaging in an effort to highlight value proposition and unique differentiators.
- Primary upward interaction is with direct supervisor. May interact with peers and/or management levels at a client and/or within Accenture. Establish methods and procedures
on new assignments with guidance.
- Manage small teams of pre-sales Solution Architects and/or work efforts (if in an independent contributor role) at a client or within Accenture.
- Extensive travel may be required
Solution Architect professionals own and create the solution plan including staffing, pricing and overall solution approach for client opportunities.
The Solution Architect is responsible for providing presales cloud support from lead qualification through hands-off of a signed proposal to the Accenture delivery team for Amazon AWS based deals. The ideal candidate would also be responsible for developing and delivering cloud solutions to meet today’s high demand in areas such as AIML, IoT, advanced analytics, open source, enterprise collaboration, microservices, serverless, etc. The Solution Architect lead will work with cloud partners and other internal groups to evaluate supporting new technologies and industry specific use cases based on client needs. Using public cloud technologies, our Solution Architects professionals implement state-of-the-art, scalable, high performance solutions that meet the need of today’s corporate and emerging digital applications.
- Minimum of 5 years planning, estimating and sizing cloud based data opportunities in a global delivery model
- Minimum of 6 years of technical sales, architecture design, evaluation, and investigation in a cloud environment.
- Minimum of 6 years of Client Management and/or Project Management experience.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience and deep understanding of AWS OR GCP OR Azure.
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience in 3 of the following areas:
- Solution/technical architecture in the cloud
- Big Data/analytics/information analysis/database management in the cloud
- IoT/event-driven/microservices in the cloud
- Cloud certification (or comparable experience),
- Previous Consulting or client service delivery experience on AWS OR GCP OR Azure.
- Experience with private and public cloud architectures, pros/cons, and migration considerations.
- Experience in and understanding of data and information management, especially in Big Data trends.
- Familiarity with the Technology stack available in the industry for data cataloging, data ingestion, capture, processing and curation: Kafka, StreamSets, Attunity, CollibraMap Reduce, Hadoop, Spark, Flume, Hive, Impala
- Technical/Team Leadership Experience.
- Personnel Development Experience (hiring, resource planning, performance feedback, etc.).
Professional Skill Requirements
Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment Desire to work in an information systems environment Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills Excellent leadership and management skills
All of our professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
Unless expressly indicated, this role is not open in the state of Colorado.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.