We have a unique project controls opportunity to support the construction of a major mine operation. We are seeking a talented and experienced DOCUMENT CONTROL SPECIALIST to join us on this fast moving and complex project. This role is to support the Owner’s team in project controls with oversight of the contractors and vendors. The Document Control Specialist will support a variety of functions; document management, control, distribution, reporting, and turnover packages. Strong communication skills, flexibility and agility, and a positive attitude are essential for this role.
- Maintain current RFI and Submittal registry and tracks RFI through closure, communicating any changes or updates to appropriate stakeholders.
- Tracks submittals through comment and approval, communicating any changes or updates to appropriate stakeholders.
- Track and validate approvals of hard copy documentation from appropriate stakeholders
- Owns and maintains the project specific Document Control Worksheet capturing RFIs, submittals and associated responses / comments and approvals.
- Reviews the final soft copies of documentation, reviewing completion and adherence to Architect and Engineer comments. Ensures that all appropriate documents are posted to the required tool and provides assistance to vendor as needed.
- Manages all documents related to project, both hard copy and soft copy
- Maintain current registry and tracking of all shop drawings, details, sequence of operations specific to any system or component.
- Build the project specific Document Control Worksheet capturing locations of these support documents.
- Reviews the final soft copies, reviewing completion and adherence to Architect and Engineer comments.
- Ensures that all appropriate documents are posted to the required tool and provides assistance to vendor as needed.
- Manages turnover of Hard Copy documentation. Reviews hard copies for completion and adherence to Architect and Engineer comments. Track and validate of approvals from appropriate stakeholders
Closeout Submittals and Other Documentation
- Maintain current document standards and policies, communicating any changes or updates to appropriate stakeholders.
- Build the project specific Document Closeout Worksheet capturing closeout documentation required by Client, including turnover documentation required by operations
- Build the Equipment Turnover Book contains a directory of O&Ms, warranties, record documents, and training materials for all major equipment.
- Coordinate with stakeholders collect closeout documents outside of the Architect and Engineer or General Contractor scope, as defined in the current requirements.
- Populate the Equipment Turnover Book with hyperlinks to the Operation and Maintenance Manuals, record submittals, and warranties for all major equipment. Also adds the start and end dates for the Warranties to the Equipment Turnover Book. Upon completion, this book is delivered to Operations group with the project closeout documentation, in accordance to current requirements.
- Schedules and manages turnover and final acceptance documentation to Operations and assists as needed with filing in the facility library.
- Provides status communication to the Project Controls projects team of all documentation workflows in scope.
- Strong communication and presentation capabilities: written and verbal
- Demonstrate a team spirit and strong dedication to the team.
Education and Training
- Relevant Construction Experience 5+ years
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Advanced skills in Document Control systems; Aconex or other EDMS
Why ORCAS Project Controls?
ORCAS is a specialized provider of Project Controls services. We dedicate our professional lives to improving project delivery of complex capital projects. ORCAS offers a place to innovate, collaborate and be a part of an organization with a long reputation of excellence.
At ORCAS … you count. Your talent, experience and credentials as a project controls professional is valued. Combined with our collaborative environment, our success is assured.
At ORCAS … your success is our success. We want you to grow and flourish in your profession. We support our team members with continued education and professional development. You will grow at ORCAS.
At ORCAS … we embrace the highest standards of integrity, loyalty, and trust in all that we do. We aspire to work with talented people who share our values.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at