Premier Magnesia/Giles Chemical Division actively recruiting Maintenance Mechanics for our expansion site in Greendale, Indiana . Our technicians are responsible for preventative and reactive maintenance for all plant production equipment and facilities. Technical support personnel will:
- Perform work on all types manufacturing systems and processes in timely, safe and efficient manner in order to attain production goals. A true "Jack of all Trades" role.
- Perform work on support systems and processes and conduct preventative and predictive maintenance.
- Respond to off-shift mechanical problems or emergencies within reasonable time and provide troubleshooting and support as needed
- Support manufacturing process improvements, provide forklift or material handling support as required.
- Train support personnel on basic Mechanical shooting/repairs to attain optimum line output.
- All other duties or projects as required.
Travel Requirements - Travel up to 25% required for initial process training (out of state). Minimal to no travel required long term.
- HS Diploma or GED required, preferred Associates Degree in Industrial Maintenance or related discipline.
- Five to Seven years of previous industrial maintenance experience or strong mechanical/electrical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
- Must have industrial experience with cutting, welding, and pipefitting (metal and PVC).
- Must be able to work with mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical (220/440v) systems safely and logically.
- Must be able to maintain pumps, motors, drives, and conveyors and understand and troubleshoot plumbing systems.
- Must have basic knowledge of boiler systems, HVAC systems, process instrumentation, and PLC’s.
- Must be able to interpret equipment manuals and drawings.
- Must have and be able to be contacted by telephone off hours, weekends or holidays.
- Must maintain forklift certification, and required Safety training and PPE/CGMP Equipment at all times.
MEDICAL, DENTAL, VISION AND LIFE INSURANCE AFTER 30 DAYS + 401k PLAN!
Apply online at www.gileschemical.com - look for our Careers Page
Job Type: Full-time
- Maintenance Mechanic: 5 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Greendale, IN (Preferred)