C-Shift - This is a night shift Process Technician position. The hours will be 5:30 PM to 5:30 AM, Sunday through Tuesday and every other Saturday.
Careers that Change Lives
Medtronic’s Tempe, Arizona Microelectronic Solutions location is looking for a Technician III that will accept the challenge of learning and developing maintenance and process activities in the Hybrid Manufacturing organization.
Medtronic is intensely focused on creating a workplace environment which reflects our standing as the world’s top medical device company. The person that takes this role will be expected to play an active role in supporting the sustaining and continuous improvement activities within the Hybrid Manufacturing Process Engineering organization.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for the patients we serve and an unrelenting desire to improve our business. The candidate will have a general working knowledge of PWB micro-electronics packaging manufacturing technologies and demonstrate an ability to apply problem solving skills and pragmatic thinking while working in a high paced team oriented environment.
A Day in the Life
The selected candidate will provide hands-on and technical support including process equipment maintenance and calibration, root cause identification, installation, modification, upgrades, programming and qualification of equipment and processes to understand and improve equipment performance and process reliability. The candidate will work with engineering staff to develop programs and execute procedures on a wide variety of PWB manufacturing equipment. Respond in a positive manner to pressures caused by changing priorities. Communicate effectively through written technical reports and verbal interaction. Collaborate in a team environment with other technicians and engineers and lead problem solving activities through the application of DMAIC principles.
Must Have – Minimum Requirements
To be considered for this position, you must meet or exceed at least one of these criteria:
Nice to Have
- Vocational Diploma in a related discipline with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience.
- Associate of Science degree in a related discipline with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with use of statistical process control and data analysis tools.
- Knowledge of micro-electronic packaging manufacturing technologies and equipment and processes including Die Attach, Wirebond, Transfer Mold, Direct Chip Attach, solder paste and reflow processes, PWB final sizing technologies including mechanical Rout/De-panel, Wet Saw Singulation and Excise, and dimensional verification using optical metrologies for semi-conductor packaging assembly.
- Experience working in a high-volume manufacturing environment with production personnel, equipment supplier, Process Engineering, and other Functional Groups (Component, Product etc.) on continuous improvement projects.
- Possess the necessary people skills to understand cultural differences, adapt quickly, and collaborate effectively.
- Good organizational skills, with strong written and verbal communication practices.
- Ability to interface well with peers and Production personnel.
- Experience with Lean Sigma, or Green/Black Belt Lean Sigma certification
- Knowledge of DOE, statistical analysis methods and data analysis tools (Minitab, JMP, etc.).
- Experience and understanding of SPC principles including process capability analysis and control charts.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position.
The physical demands described within the Day in the Life section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.