Imperial Dade is the leading distributor of foodservice packaging, facilities maintenance supplies and equipment in the U.S. As a provider of customized supply chain solutions, the company serves customers in many business-to-business market segments including supermarkets, healthcare facilities, universities, and restaurants. Founded in 1935 and headquartered in New Jersey, Imperial Dade serves more than 65,000 customers through a footprint of 60+ branches.
The Human Resources team is seeking a Benefits Coordinator to join the team. Partnered with the benefits team, you will be responsible for administrating various employee benefits, including health, life and disability coverages, leaves of absence and retirement savings. The ideal candidate will have experience in human resources, including benefits coordination, LOA (leave of absence) processing and the various laws and regulations which apply to them.
- Administer various employee benefits, including health, life and disability coverages, leaves of absence and retirement savings
- Administrate leaves of absence (LOA) including FMLA, ADA, state and local leave laws, short-term and long-term disability plans
- Coordinate and communicate with vendor and employees on leave to help facilitate a smooth and timely return to work
- Coordinate workers' compensation claims with third-party administrator. Follow-up on claims
- Assist in benefits orientations, provide new employees with an explanation of benefits and instruct them on enrollment and fulfillment procedures
- Provide employees guidance on ADP Workforce Now, healthcare provider sites, and Fidelity NetBenefits
- Assist to resolve employee issues by working with insurance brokers, insurance providers and third-party administrators
- Assist VP of HR with annual open enrollment, including virtual or on-site meetings, distributing materials, and assisting with presentations to communicate benefit plans
- Cooperate with other HR professionals when required
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Associate Degree in Business, Human Resources or related field preferred
- 3+ years' experience in HR with benefits experience
- Familiarity with payroll and benefits software systems (ADP Workforce Now preferred)
- Basic/Intermediate computer skills including MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Strong attention to detail with demonstrated organizational and process skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to educate employees about their benefits and assist with their questions.
- Ability to speak Spanish is preferred
At Imperial Dade, we offer an exciting work environment and invite motivated and talented individuals with a passion for excellence to join our team. We value our people and strive to create rewarding career opportunities by offering competitive salaries and benefits, 401K, Life Insurance, and a generous Paid Time Off Package.
Imperial Dade is an EEO Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Benefits administration: 1 year (Preferred)
- ADP Workforce Now: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location