- Microsoft Project
- CAD Software
- Programmable Logic Controllers
- ISO 9001
Senior Project Engineer
Purpose of Job:
Design, develop and manage projects for enlarging, modifying and maintaining facilities in order to improve products and processes. Provide technical guidance in area of expertise. To identify and implement process improvements which result in higher throughput, improved efficiencies, recognizable cost savings and more consistent product quality.
- Responsible for assigned capital projects at the plant and assists on larger capital projects by working directly with the Engineering Manager.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects at the same time and complete in timely manner.
- Ensures compliance with all company safety, health and environmental policies and governmental regulations through Human Resources and the EH&S Manager, as well as ensures compliance activities are conducted (all inspection, measurements, monitoring, recording, record-keeping, reporting, and training).
- Continually works to improve plant output without compromising product quality.
- Correct process capability problems and achieve sustainable results.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide project engineering support services required to prepare and submit Capital Appropriations Requests. This includes project scopes, schedules, estimates and financial justifications.
- Implement and manage assigned projects such that schedule, costs and scope of project is successfully accomplished.
- Monitor, track and report project critical success factors as required to satisfy project goals and management requests.
- Work with procurement to identify, select and manage outside contractors suited to perform the required work. Ensure quality work is completed in a timely and safe manner by supervising contract workforce and performing housekeeping and safety inspections.
- Select best-suited process equipment for applications by meeting with vendors, running trials and staying current on new technology.
- Assist production with new or modified equipment and processes through training, written operating procedures and trial runs.
- Provide technical expertise required in assigned area of expertise in order to assure operations are set up and maintained according to Company Principles and Statutory Requirements.
- Work with and manage outside engineering firms as required.
- Implement process changes that improve product quality and consistency.
- Develop technical analysis of the performance of existing processes and process systems (e.g., dry grinding, classification, surface treatment, packaging, screening)
- Manage expense and capital projects insuring operation and budget requirements.
- Work with plant management and Technical group during the conception and installation of new equipment and processes to assure smooth and cost-effective introduction and startup.
- Knowledgeable of the ISO quality system as required to ensure compliance to the ISO 9001 quality standard.
Decision Making Authority
- Recommends which processing equipment should be purchased.
- Selects certified contractors for construction projects.
- Designs layout of processes and processing equipment.
- Schedules down-time for construction and repairs.
- Decides accuracy of design drawings, specifications, and project estimates.
Specialized/Technical Knowledge or Required Skills
- Bachelors in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering from an accredited university with at least 5 years’ experience in manufacturing or design.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Excel, Microsoft Project, PFD and P&ID creation; bonus to have Allen-Bradley PLC experience.
- Demonstrated ability to design, communicate, plan, organize and document project requirements. Proven track record of success participating in or managing capital and process improvement projects.
- Must have the ability to manage time and priorities in order to effectively handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to practice good management skills required to direct and supervise contractors.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, plan, organize, and document project requirements.
- Good communication skills and team skills.
- Experience in mineral processing is preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $95,000.00 to $105,000.00 /year
- manufacturing or design: 5 years (Required)