Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a non-profit healthcare organization whose mission is to provide exceptional healthcare to people facing access barriers. We provide primary care services (medical, dental and behavioral healthcare) through 26 outpatient health centers in El Paso, Teller, Lincoln, Adams, Arapahoe, Elbert, and Kit Carson counties. We deliver care with our strong “Hospitality” culture. Our organization has over 900 employees and serves 94,000 patients in the Pikes Peak & East Central region. Peak Vista is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. (AAAHC).
Job Summary (Essential Functions)
The Executive Administrative Assistant provides direct executive administrative support to their respective Executive, and provides backup support to the Executive Office Administrator. As such, the Executive Administrative Assistant is expected to approach their work proactively, have a willingness to work independently and on teams, and must be able to operate well under pressure. Due to the executive level administrative and clerical functions associated with this job, a thorough understanding of word processing, spreadsheet manipulation, memorandum development and processing, minute taking, and exceptional interpersonal communication skills are all essential functions of this role. Additionally, it is understood that the Executive Administrative Assistant is expected to maintain the confidentiality of all information, physical and electronic documentation, conversations, etc. obtained or observed in this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This position handles a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks, including, but not limited to:
- The ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality regarding organizational, personnel, and executive activities.
- Email & calendar management including meeting coordination and travel arrangements
- Plans, coordinates, and assures that the Executive's schedule has detailed information regarding each appointment (to include purpose of meeting, meeting attendees, meeting materials/ presentations, meeting location and travel directions.)
- Prioritizes the Executive's schedule based on need
- Prioritizes conflicting needs and tasks proactively, expeditiously, and ensures follow through on projects until successful completion, often with even when facing deadline pressures.
- Coordinates, monitors, and communicates appropriately regarding all assigned tasks and projects.
- Obtains, compiles and distributes reports to management (to include reoccurring and as requested reports) in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepares packets for assigned meetings.
- Coordinates and monitors assigned projects and responsible parties to assure timely completion.
- Manages the communications with the executive team /department heads while maintaining sensitivity and confidentiality to organizational priorities.
- Provides direct administrative and executive support services to the meetings as assigned, including minute preparation, agenda packet compilation, report preparation, scheduling and management of submittals as needed to achieve compliance with the organization's related functions and obligations.
- Prepares meeting agendas, attends and take minutes at various meetings as assigned.
- Tracks agenda and important items across multiple groups to ensure reoccurring or returning items when appropriate, or prior items can otherwise be answered/explained in more detail.
- Interacts with staff in a fast-paced environment with specific deadlines remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient.
- Monitors timecards and time off requests to ensure adequate coverage and precise payroll.
- Performs specific/timely project management activities for and on behalf of assigned Executive, including data and information gathering, data analysis, and uses independent judgement to create/alter special reports for assigned Executive's needs, either monthly, quarterly, and on an ad hoc basis.
- Provides other support and assistance as necessary to increase office efficiency and productivity.
- Relays information and messages in a timely fashion to ensure open channels of communication between Executive and direct reports.
- Ability to understand basic financial management, ordering, and budgetary considerations.
- Able to effectively communicate with executive level leadership staff and outside agencies
- Other duties as assigned
Employee demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to the Compliance Plan and conflict of interest requirements. The employee enhances the effectiveness; efficiency and productivity of the department by contributing to, and participating in, departmental performance improve goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.
Minimum of 3 years administrative assistant experience with a minimum of 1 year of executive administration experience required.
Advanced level experience with Microsoft Office Products:
Word, Excel, PowerPoint And Outlook. Keyboarding skills with accuracy.
Certificates and Licenses:
Any healthcare administration certification(s) preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit.
- Successful candidates will complete pre-employment screening; which includes, but is not limited to a Criminal Background check. Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a drug and alcohol free workplace an an Equal Opportunity Employer.
**PVCHC participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's I-9 to data from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration Records. To learn more, visit: everify.com