Goldfinch Bros., Inc.
Location: Holly Drive (Beverly & 112th as of May 2020)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary Grade: $95,000-$110,000
About the Company
Goldfinch Brothers has a long history in the glass and glazing industry. The company was founded in 1892 in Everett. The 5th and 6th generation are currently active in the operation of the business. The business services the commercial and residential markets. The company is defined by our culture and vision, placing strong values on our employees and customers. Remaining relevant and current with our markets have been our guide to become a leader in the region.
About the Position
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty/ responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oversight and management of the Drafting Department
- Day to day schedule/resource management of multiple people
- Documentation and standardization of departmental procedures and best practices
- Management of software, licensing and programs
- Review and checking of department work
- Intermediary between Project Management and Drafting
- Occasional duties include: Preliminary take offs for estimating; Produce 2D and 3D drawings for submittal to General Contractor/Architect; Material cut list for shop fabrication; Fabrication drawings for shop production; Update drawings after dimensions have been reviewed/approved by General Contractor; Program CNC machine based off drawings
- Timecard and PTO approval of department
- Management of performance review process for department
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Education and/or Experience:
- Two to five years drafting experience in storefront, curtainwall and glazing systems
- Two years of management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Engineering preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in or around shop/fabrication environment
- Ability to understand architectural and structural drawings
- Detail orientated, organized and able to manage multiple tasks
- Basic understanding of construction and generally accepted business practices
- Demonstrates customer-centric, positive and professional attitude
- Goldfinch Bros., Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace
- Job Type: Full-time
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient with the following software:
- AutoCAD (2017 to Present), Inventor, Bluebeam, Microsoft Office and web navigation skills at an intermediate to advanced level
- Alternative programs desired: Schucal, Logikal, Hilti Profis, ExtremeCut, Excel VBA
- Under 1/3 of the time, this worker will be; Climbing or balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and/or crawling, tasting and/or smelling. Lifting no more than 25lbs.
- 1/3-2/3 of the time, this worker will be; Standing, walking. Lifting no more than 10lbs
- Over 2/3 of the time, this worker will be; sitting, using hands, fingers, handling and feeling, and/or reaching with hands and/or arms, talking and/or listening(hearing) Vision requirements; Close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception and have the ability to adjust and focus.
- Working conditions may include being in an open (shared) cubicle/workspace area
- This worker will be mostly in a moderate noise level environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $95,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
- Drafting: 5 years (Required)
- storefront, curtainwall and glazing systems: 2 years (Required)
- Management: 2 years (Required)
- AutoCAD: 5 years (Required)
- Fabrication: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off