Does Wind power mean the world to you? Are you a Construction Manager looking for a new challenge? Vestas is looking for someone to manage and drive performance with a strong focus on safety. Individuals must have high reliance on people management skills, P&L savvy, customer service excellence, and a great team builder.
- Monitors project schedule, ensuring project milestones and deadlines are met.
- Supervises on-site personnel, equipment, and subcontractors.
- Establishes and maintains highly effective relationships with the customer and internal partners. Pursues "ambassador" status with their customer(s) and a site that is focused on customer loyalty excellence.
- Understands wind turbine technology and basic work practices to help drive efficient cost effective team models that drive customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for the project site budget and operational efficiency (drives down cost/MWH). Establishes the most effective and efficient staffing model to meet operational objectives. Manages costs that impact the bottom line. Implements initiatives that improve efficiency and effectiveness. Responsible for liquidated damages mitigation
- Bachelor's degree in construction management or equivalent a plus.
- 5 years of experience as construction or project manager, project lead, or other management experience, preferably in a related service, industrial or manufacturing setting.
- Technical background required, especially in Substation, electrical instrumentation, hydraulic or rotating heavy equipment. Effective knowledge of technical drawings and schematics. Ability to understand and utilize detailed technical information to solve complex problems.
- Strong knowledge of safety procedures and management.
- Strong PC computer skills (MS Office) required, MS Office - Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Primavera Project Management preferred. SAP knowledge highly preferred.
What we offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a competitive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities we offer: healthcare; dental; vision; paid time off (PTO); generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more
Vestas is the energy industry's global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 83 GW of wind turbines in 75 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at http://www.vestas.com/ and following us on our social media channels.