In August 2017, Star Cutter Company celebrated its 90th Anniversary of business. Star Cutter Company has developed into a world leader in the cutting tool industry with over 500 employees working in six manufacturing facilities within five manufacturing divisions. Each manufacturing facility specializes in producing a specific type of product or service.
Headquartered in Farmington Hills, MI, the Star Cutter Company partners with Star SU LLC, out of Hoffman Estates, IL, for marketing, sales, and service of its products in North America, South America, Europe and the Far East.
Responsibility of Software Engineer
- Design, implement, maintain, and improve software programs and documentation for the programming and control of machine grinding paths.
- Plan and implement research methodology and procedures to apply principles of software engineering to engineering projects.
- Prepare specifications for future software development.
- Confer with other engineers, sales, and customers, to discuss existing or potential engineering projects and products surrounding software.
- Final output is required to be a reliable product that is complete with a detailed documentation package upon project completion.
Knowledge and Skills of Software Engineer
- Programming/coding skills using primarily Visual Basic is required. Experience with JAVA, XML and .NET are also a plus.
- Knowledge of G Code language and Fanuc Macro B Programming is desired.
- Ability to operate with minimal supervision, evaluate risk and make appropriate decisions.
- High energy self-starter who is enthusiastic and motivated to create growth opportunities.
- Solid written and verbal communication and presentation skills to interface with external sales teams and customers.
- The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in engineering leadership with the ability to develop detailed specifications and implement standard engineering practices.
Experience Requirements of Software Engineer
- NUM and Siemens control experience a plus./BS in Engineering with technical experience in software design related to manufacturing.
- Product experience in a manufacturing company.
- AS/BS in Engineering with technical experience in software design related to manufacturing.
Benefits for Software Engineer
- Medical (BCBSM PPO; BCN HMO)
- BCBSM Online Visits - TeleMedicine
- Basic Life and AD&D and Basic Dependent Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Long-Term Disability
- Voluntary Accident Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent)
- Health Advocate
- Free EAP (Employee Assistant Program) through UNUM Life Balance
- Profit Sharing
- PTO (vacation, holidays, bereavement, jury duty)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Reimbursement
- Gym Membership Reimbursement
Job Type: Full-time