Blume Global is a technology company based in Pleasanton, CA. We recently renamed and relaunched our company as Blume, but we have been an established technology services company for 24 years as REZ-1, Inc., primarily servicing the North American intermodal transportation market. Blume is a successful, privately owned company with approximately 200 employees located in offices in Pleasanton CA, Wellesley MA, Oak Brook IL, and Hong Kong. Today, we develop and operate cloud-based solutions for stakeholders in the global supply chain; shippers, logistics companies and transportation providers.
Our relaunch as Blume is part of a new growth strategy that entails significant investment in R&D over the coming 2-3 years as we build upon our industry-leading digital platform with machine learning, AI and big data at its foundation. This is an extremely exciting time for Blume, and we are urgently building out our organization to enable and support our growth.
Blume is an energetic, diverse environment where we pride ourselves on high standards, collaboration, and personal development. As an established and successful company, we offer our employees competitive compensation, and a broad set of benefits often only found with larger companies, but more importantly, a working environment where everyone makes a difference - with opportunities to match.
What we are looking for:
Responsible for the ongoing support of existing BI solutions, as well as designing enterprise data warehousing solutions utilizing, MySQL Server, Oracle and Big Data platforms (i.e. Azure Data Lake, Hadoop, Apache Spark, and HDInsight).
- You will be responsible for gathering requirements, designing solutions, and overseeing the development and execution of projects.
- Design advanced conceptual, logical and physical data models, repository, dashboards, reports within a complete functional and technical architecture.
- Assures designs and project activities are in compliance with data policies, architecture, security, and quality guidelines and standards.
- Partners with other architects, infrastructure and software experts to define metadata layers, technical strategy and optimal integration within existing client IT landscape
- Translate to technical designers or developers designed solution, review the proposed solution and optimize it when required.
- Participate to the definition of testing strategy.
- Ensure business access to adequate, understandable, accurate data
- Accountable for End to End solution.
- Create proof-of-concept technology demonstrations.
- MS degree in computer science, computer architecture or related field.
- 10+ years of professional experience and a passion for working with large data sets plus deep experience in statistical analysis, advanced modeling techniques, data mining, and business analysis
- Advanced knowledge in data warehouse dimensional modeling. Hands on knowledge with ETL tools.
- Hands on knowledge with at least one Key BI Market tool (Tableau, Power BI, QlikView...)
- Hands-on knowledge of enterprise repository tools, data modeling tools, data mapping tools, and data profiling tools.
- Experience with big data storage, analytics, and visualization solutions (MongoDB, Hadoop, Spark, Tableau etc.)
- Experience building and deploying on the Cloud such as AWS, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud.
- Experience in working in large cross-border projects.