BAE Systems is looking for a Test Engineer for their Austin, TX facility. In this role, you will provide Test Engineering support to the Environmental Stress Screening (ESS) area. Types of testing that occur in the ESS area include Thermal Cycling, Vibration, Shock, as well as various Functional Tests.
Tasks include troubleshooting and debugging test issues (hardware, software, and/or electrical), improving test methods, test times, and test yields, supporting Process Engineering with failure dispositions, compiling and presenting test data, developing new test methodologies, defining changes to test equipment, test procedures, and manufacturing processes, and owning the test processes.
You will need to work with Process Engineers and Hardware Engineers as well as operators, assemblers, test technicians, and people from other job functions.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Ability to isolate and resolve product and test station related issues in both hardware and process related problems.
- Ability to develop and train test technicians on failure analysis techniques.
- Ability to work with suppliers and design teams to ensure designs are producible and maintainable.
- Ability to coordinate and drive manufacturing test improvements and integrate solutions into a lean manufacturing environment.
- Ability to provide direction to operators, assemblers, and technicians.
- Ability to drive root cause analysis efforts.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow requirements.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Familiarity with functional test procedure development and maintenance
- Experience conducting design of experiments
- Experience participating in design reviews as part of a multidisciplinary team
- IPC-A-610 / IPC-A-620 / J-STD-001
- STS Paperless / Solumina Manufacturing Execution Systems
- Development of software tools
- Performs Preliminary Material Review / Material Review Board (PMR/MRB) for the disposition of discrepant material
- Data Collection and Analysis
- Lean Manufacturing
- Industry experience in Defense electronics manufacturing
- Program level Corrective Action Board (CAB)
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel.