Job Title: Business Systems Analyst IV
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Duration: 12+ Months
Business Analyst - Life science & Pharmaceutical
The IT Business Analyst will be responsible for working closely with partners across lines of business and the IT group in order to understand current system landscape, strategic drivers, tactical needs to participate in the system landscape documentation exercise, and to ensure that the implementation teams can provide solutions that meet the business need with the necessary stability, usability, and scalability.
- Analyzes business scenarios and identifies opportunities for improvement through automation and/or business process change.
- Provides analytical expertise in identifying, evaluating, designing and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements through interviewing and conducting workshops.
- Documents and champions business processes and priorities.
- Elicits, organizes, analyzes, translates, drives out ambiguity and simplifies requirements.
- Manages documents and communicates requirements.
- Derives functional specifications, user interface and/or technical specifications.
- Develops mock-ups and prototypes, communicates during the requirements lifecycle using demos.
- Adjudicates solution’s adherence to requirements during testing and defect triage.
- Knowledgeable in testing best practice, and supports systems quality assurance.
- Facilitates and supports system and user acceptance testing.
- Develops business cases in collaboration with business stakeholders and key account managers.
- Provides consultation to users in the area of business systems and processes.
- Leads cross-functional discussions in the resolution of business or systems issues.
- Champions accountability by example.
- Participates in roadmap discussions and vendor assessments.
For this position you will bring the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in business administration, computer science, systems design, or equivalent field with 5 years + experience in analyzing business processes, business requirements and in supporting information systems projects.
- Demonstrated excellence in analysis, documentation, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Strong skills in leadership, critical thinking, structuring, communication across a wide range of management levels and facilitation of small and large groups.
- Understanding of systems engineering concepts.
- Experience with modelling techniques, methods and tools e.g. use cases, activity diagram, flow chart, UML, Stories, prototyping etc.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct cost/benefit analysis and business case development.
- Demonstrated success handling global initiatives of high complexity and risk.
- Experience with life sciences industry, medical and scientific affairs processes and in delivering technical solutions for clinical operations, business development and data integration
- Experience and knowledge of processes and procedures for validated systems and CSV.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $60.00 to $80.00 /hour
- Pharmaceutical or Life science environment: 4 years (Preferred)
- clinical operations: 1 year (Preferred)
- scientific affairs processes: 1 year (Preferred)