At SequelCare of Maine we strongly believe in supporting our clients and families in finding new approaches and solutions to challenges so that they can realize the successful achievement of their goals. As the lead staff in the Specialized Rehabilitative and Community Support Services (Section 28) program at Sequel, the Board-Certified Behavior Analyst® (BCBA®) reports to the Clinical Director and provides behavioral analysis, coaching and support to children, adults and families with appropriate diagnosis. The practitioner serving in this role will provide oversight of and collaboration with staff who provide behavioral programming. The BCBA will need to have a clinical understanding and insight to create appropriate, aligned and relevant trauma-informed Functional Behavior Assessments. They will support children, teens, adults and families reduce barriers, find resources and supports and achieve desired outcomes. We have openings for full and part time BCBSs in various locations in and surrounding Biddeford, Portland, Augusta, Bangor and Belfast.
Major Responsibilities: To develop and guide behavioral programming for clients being served. To review data and trends to ensure that clients are making progress toward behavioral goals. Utilize evidence-based practices and trauma-informed focus. Provide behavioral coaching and modeling for to all Specialized Section 28 Program staff.
Complete, or guide the completion of, Functional Behavior Assessments and develop Positive Support Plans as needed for students in district programs.
Ensure the accuracy of the individual student and program behavioral data.
In collaboration with BREATHE Special Education Case Managers, ensure accuracy and timeliness of required documentation associated with the development of Individualized Education Plans for students served.
Provide supervision and monthly professional development to Behavioral Health Professionals.
Serve as a member of the program leadership team. Meet regularly with the Director to review processes, patterns, and trends to inform program development.
Model integrity, strong ethics, and evidence-based skilled care to support and treat our clients
- Current License as a Board-Certified Behavior Analyst
- Master’s Degree in Psychology, Special Education, Behavior Intervention or related field
- Knowledge and Experience developing evidence-based programming for students with low-incidence disabilities
- Experience in developing and implementing behavioral interventions and behavior plans
- Experience with Applied Behavior Analysis
Benefits: include competitive wages, tuition reimbursement/loan forgiveness and medical, dental and vision insurance, STD/LTD, life insurance, paid time off, paid holidays and 401k with match to those meeting billable requirements.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Our staff and clients are screened daily including temperature checks. All cleaning and disinfecting procedures are carefully followed. We take COVID precautions very seriously.
- Applied behavior analysis: 1 year (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
Company's Facebook page:
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place