TriNet is a leading provider of comprehensive human resources solutions for small to midsize businesses (SMBs). We enhance business productivity by enabling our clients to outsource their HR function to one strategic partner and allowing them to focus on operating and growing their core businesses. Our full-service HR solutions include features such as payroll processing, human capital consulting, employment law compliance and employee benefits, including health insurance, retirement plans and workers’ compensation insurance.
TriNet has a nationwide presence and an experienced executive team. Our stock is publicly traded on the NYSE under the ticker symbol TNET. If you’re passionate about innovation and making an impact on the large SMB market, come join us as we power our clients’ business success with extraordinary HR.
As a Software Engineer you will work as part of a team building new applications written in Java, Spring, Hibernate, Sencha ExtJS, and RESTful services. The Software Engineer is responsible for the design, development and release of our organization's web-based applications. Duties include application development and systems integration, spanning front-end, middle tier, and data access components. The company is in the midst of a significant program to revise its core web-based business services delivery automation systems, migrating to a contemporary, open source technology stack. The Software Engineer reports to the Manager/Director of Development for strategic projects and works closely with program management to ensure successful operational deployment of new applications, while maintaining business continuity of existing applications. This is a hands-on technical role, providing the opportunity for distributed systems integration and development; using contemporary open source technologies to build out a state of the art Human Resources, Payroll, and Benefits services delivery platform.
- Provides hands-on contributions to architecture, design and code development for critical components of the company’s next-generation client-facing applications, for “always-on” SaaS production services
- Works closely with product Owners and other stakeholders to develop project plans, and participates in resource planning
- Use Agile methodology and project management software to collaborate with geographically diverse scrum teams
- Develops, evaluates, and implements improved processes, methods and tools to continually improve software delivery effectiveness.
- Be able to quickly learn new technologies to support existing products as well as products on the strategic road map
- Should be comfortable working independently or collaborating with others
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Graduating with an undergraduate or graduate degree in December 2018 or May/June 2019, with preferred majors in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering or other related field
- Minimum 3.0 GPA in core major classes
Technical Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Previous relevant internship/work experience required
- Academic leadership or extra-curricular activity involvement preferred
- Experience in full SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle)
Beginner to intermediate knowledge of some of the following (not all required):
- Java: experience developing and maintaining projects using
o HTML5, CSS, JSON
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Writing and consuming RESTful services.
- Knowledge of model-view-controller driven front end application development with one or more of UI frameworks such as ExtJS , JQuery etc. Development within an IDE such as Eclipse
- Working in a team environment using a SCM system such as Subversion, CVS, or Git
- Writing applications for an RDBMS such as Informix, MySQL, MS SQL Server, or Oracle
- J2EE (JSF, JSP, Servlets, JMS, XML)
- JSF (Java Server Faces) using ICEFaces components
- Agile methodology using an Agile based project management tool (Rally, TargetProcess, Jira, etc.)
- Proven ability to quickly learn new technologies and methodologies
- Solid attention to detail
- Comfortable writing SQL queries, stored procedures, views, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good team player, able to drive resolution of competing architectural
- Excellent problem solving
- Ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
TriNet reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Position functions and qualifications may vary depending on business necessity.
TriNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, religion, color, disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics. Any applicant with a mental or physical disability who requires an accommodation during the application process should contact a company manager, a company officer or a TriNet HR representative to request such an accommodation.