Job Category: Consulting
Minimum Clearance Required to Start: DOJ MBI
Employee Type: Regular
What You’ll Get to Do:
We are seeking a Biometrics Subject Matter Expert (SME) to join our amazing team located in Washington, DC in support of the JABS project/Department of Justice. The JABS project is looking for a Biometric SME who is innovative in thought and able to provide innovative biometric solutions to the biometrics systems. As well as, be responsible to duties related to biometric design, operational performance of the biometric systems, and analysis of all biometric-related requirements and solutions.
The Biometrics Subject Matter Expert (SME) will be expected to perform the following duties while supporting the Department of Justice.
- Provide strategic technological innovation, demonstrating a breadth and depth of knowledge related to biometrics, sensors, systems, and processes.
- Ability to present on biometrics topics to senior leadership and customers.
- Advise on complex sensor integration and process flow for effective implementation.
- Assists in the developing and maintaining documented IT biometric Policies, Processes, and Standards.
- Conduct trade studies and analysis for multiple biometric technologies and provide recommendations for selecting technology, along with developing and delivering technical documentation proving the outcome of the analysis.
- Knowledge of biometric concepts, principles, and evaluation
- Experience with preparing technical reports by collecting, capturing, analyzing, and summarizing information, visualization, and trends
- Knowledge of multi modal techniques
- Ability to design testing protocols for biometric solutions to balance across detection rates, volume of transactions and response rates.
- Knowledge of current biometric solutions and vendor products and be able to utilize these to architect and implement biometric services for the federal market place.
- Must have hands-on experience with biometric identification systems
You Will Bring These Qualifications:
- Minimum 15 years of related experience or equivalent.
- Must possess technical proficiency with the analytical and quantitative utilization of biometric data for algorithmic tuning and functional enhancement to increase speed, accuracy, and efficiency of a biometric system
- Must be well versed with:
Biometric Capture in terms of ISO or NIST standards
Biometric Capture Quality Assessment
Biometric Performance Evaluation and Assessment (ROC, CMC, etc.)
Biographic matching algorithm (Biographic Matching Design Concept)
Message Exchange Standards such as BioAPI, NIEM, ANSI, ISO/IEC
- Familiarity with policy and/or governance regarding the use of personally identifiable information
- Experience with federal security policies such as NIST and FISMA
- AI/Machine Learning
- Experience with Microsoft Office products, including PowerPoint, Visio, Teams, and SharePoint, and proficiency and strength in verbal, written, presentation, and communications skills
- Prior experience in leading a small team is preferred
- IEEE Certified Biometrics Professional Certification preferred
- Prior experience in working in a mission oriented environment a plus
- Experience with statistics, modeling and machine learning techniques a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $130,000.00 - $150,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Washington, DC 20002 (Preferred)
- Biometrics: 10 years (Preferred)
- AI: 5 years (Required)
- Biographic matching algorithm: 7 years (Required)
- Message Exchange Standards (BioAPI, NIEM, ANSI, ISO/IEC): 8 years (Required)
- Leadership: 3 years (Preferred)
- DOJ MBI Clearance (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Yes, temporarily due to COVID-19