What you'll bring to succeed
- A capacity to learn, synthesize, make critical judgments, place patients and families first, and collaborate with team members who are recognized leaders within health care.
- At least one year of Circulating experience either in a main Operating Room or a multi-disciplinary surgery center. Alternate experience includes completion of a Periop 101 program.
- BLS / BCLS certification required.
- CNOR highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing / BSN required for all Clinical RN positions.
- Exception: Associate Degree or Diploma in Nursing graduates considered for identified specialized areas of practice. Must have current matriculation in a BSN program with graduation date within one year of hire for consideration.
- Current New York State Registered Nurse / RN license (or willingness and eligibility to obtain)
What you’ll do
- The Operating Room Nurse is a Registered Professional Nurse who provides safe, competent, quality care based on nursing theory and research to a designated group of patients and their significant others.
- Circulates in all surgical specialties including – but not limited to - General, ENT, Urology, Vascular, Transplant, Orthopedics, and Neurosurgery.
- Collaborates with surgeons, surgical technologists, and other members of the surgical team.
- Assists in development, implementation, and evaluation of standards of care and nursing professional practice in collaboration with members of the health care team and in accordance with institutional policies and regulatory agency requirements.
- Assesses and evaluates patient needs for, and responses to, care rendered and applies sound nursing judgment in patient care management decisions.
Why work with us.
The Mount Sinai Hospital by the numbers
- 1,171 bed tertiary-care teaching hospital founded in 1852
- Over 2,510 Physicians, 1,097 Residents & Fellows, and 2,278 Registered Nurses
- 3-Time Magnet-Status by the American Nurses Credentialing Center
- 50 Operating Rooms spread over 4 hospital floors in 2 buildings
- 32,995 procedures in 2015
Job Type: Full-time
- OR: 1 year (Required)
- Circulating: 1 year (Required)
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Required)