Accountant I/II | 100937
Job Posting Jun 12, 2018
Primary Location Minnesota-Eden Prairie
Prepares, reviews and analyzes financial information to provide accurate and useful information to management.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Prepares and reviews income and balance sheet statements, consolidated statements and various other accounting statements and reports.
- Analyzes and collects financial reports and records; making recommendations relative to the accounting of reserves, assets and expenditures.
- Reviews and verifies the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records.
- Assists in evaluating, recommending, maintaining and monitoring appropriate internal controls. Interacts with internal and external stakeholders in responding to inquires or report requests.
- Conducts special studies and develops or recommends accounting methods and procedures.
- Instructs or assigns work to staff and external vendor partner.
- Coordinates accounting matters with other departments and locations.
- Reconciles and reviews assigned accounts.
Why Work for SUPERVALU?
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
- 1+ years’ general accounting experience.
- Strong basic understanding of job requirements and responsibilities. Completes assignments with direct supervision.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and report financial data.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to provide clear and detail information to others.
- Ability to work effectively and represent the company’s interest with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Acts resourcefully to ensure that work is completed within specified time and quality parameters.
- Personal computer skills required prior experience with Excel and Word applications in a Microsoft Windows environment.
As one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in the United States, SUPERVALU is dedicated to feeding our communities by providing innovative, customer-centric solutions. We deliver on that promise every day through a strong network of 30,000 talented employees who supply the best national brands and our own high-quality and affordable private label products to thousands of customers, and millions of consumers, nationwide. With a wide variety of services and industry leading expertise, SUPERVALU offers you the opportunity to shape the food industry through every stage of your career.
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. SUPERVALU is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.