The Solution Architect will work closely with client LOB, and responsible for translating the client's portfolio of applications, technology and framework utilization and domain oriented business requirements into specific system, application or process designs. This includes working with client personnel and executives to identify functional and technical requirements and subsequently working with Mphasis team in identification, justification and design of solutions.
Responsible for a wide range of activities such as providing Cloud, Container, Cognitive and API/Services technology assessments, technology roadmap, architecture, design and specifications.
The position requires solid knowledge, experience and background of Cloud, Containers, API paradigm such as REST/JSON, OAuth, API platforms(APIGEE/DataConnect), API clients, AWS, PCF, Docker, Kubernetes and industry standards with solid coding and design skills. Should be very good in Java, Spring, Kafka, Cloud Foundry, REST Services, Web API architecture, design and development. The solution architect will establish and maintain technology standards, evaluate new technologies and technology innovation. Architect should be able to build technology planning and overall application solution architecture and functional specifications. This role requires a team player who is well versed in the medium to large-scale software development, organized, detail oriented and able to deliver results on time.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Solution architect for Cloud, Container, Cognitive, APIs, application architecture (server side and client side), user, functional and technical requirements
- Hands on Development on CF, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, REST/JSON, Spring, IBM DataConnect and Apigee.
- Design, Develop financial applications, financial network integration, 3rd party application integrations and SaaS applications.
- Collaborate, Lead, and Inspire other Application engineers
- API first design and Test-driven Development
- Actively investigate interesting new tools and techniques
- Hands on rapid prototyping experience
- Should be able to provide guidance to onsite-offshore technical team
Education and Experience Requirements
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science
- 12+ years experience in professional software development
- 5+ years experience in AWS, API, Services and API Gateways
- Good knowledge of Cloud, Containers, Cloud Native platform such as PCF
- Knowledgeable in Java Spring, API Gateway development frameworks.
- Exposed public APIs to tens of thousands of API clients
- Strong experience in developing with user, functional and system requirements.
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead a group of engineers through the completion of all phases of a major project
- Ability to effectively interact with product managers and other organizational units such as QA and Operations
- Strong understanding of the server side software, scalability, performance and reliability aspects
- Ability to work in a fast paced, test-driven collaborative and iterative programming environment
- Proven aptitude-developing applications leveraging XML/JSON based RESTful/SOAP APIs.
- Strong Proven Capability & track record in leading “Cutting Edge” project and strong Knowledge in latest technology trends and communication protocol & implementation.
- Capturing and tracking functional requirements across the organization and business units.
- Proven interpersonal/negotiation skills
- Ability to relate to people and effectively communicates under stressful circumstances.