Development Assistant Sr.(Job Number: 0177528)
Perform high level administrative functions in support of fundraising efforts for an assigned college, school, unit, or program. Areas of responsibility include event coordination and planning, production of documentation and records/database management related to development activities. Supports multiple professionals or is the lead support for a large program. This is an experienced support professional with the ability to handle complex situations and work independently.
- Coordinate and/or facilitate meetings and events in conjunction with developmental activities of assigned unit.
- Responsible for arranging large, complex donor events.
- Develop and maintain assigned correspondence, promotional material, and other documentation related to development efforts and activities.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for unit administrators and development officers.
- Assist with donor reporting and stewardship.
- Initiate contacts and respond to or refer development related inquiries received by phone or other means.
- May oversee budget and process expenses.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Education: Technical Diploma, Associates degree or two years college course work.
- Work Experience: Five to six years job related experience.
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This job requires skills in the application of administrative support in the specialized area of development. Included are event planning, communications, organization, document preparation and records management. Use of business related computer applications is required.
Impact & Influence:
- Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree in related field
- Preferred Work Experience: N/A
- Preferred Certifications: N/A
- Preferred Skills: Experience in a higher education environment.
This position will interact on a consistent basis with: Donors, Office of Development management and staff, college/school management and staff and appropriate communications staff. This position must be able to handle highly confidential information in a professional manner. This position typically will advise and counsel: NA. This position will supervise: NA.
The H. Milton Stewart School of Industrial and Systems Engineering (ISyE) has achieved national and international prominence through its tradition of unparalleled excellence and leadership in research, education, and service. ISyE has almost fifty world-class faculty members, top-notch students including 1,600 undergraduates and 450 graduate students, outstanding curricula, and extensive research focused on improving quality of life. ISyE supports a broad spectrum of academic concentrations with several that have achieved best-in-class rankings. Fifteen different academic degrees are awarded by ISyE, from the bachelor to the Ph.D. level. More information can be found at http://www.isye.gatech.edu.
Job: Administrative Support
Organization: College of Engineering
Job Posting: Jul 16, 2018, 12:40:16 PM
Hiring Range: N/A