ADTRAV Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The Ticket Consultant follows company procedures, guidelines and standards in the areas of: customer service, reviewing Passenger Name Records (PNRs) and profiles, ticketing, utilization of front room Computer Reservations System (CRS) productivity, attendance, accuracy of work, invoicing, etc. Keeps abreast of enhancements and updates.
Participates fully as a team member to assist as needed in completing all functions related to servicing the client from a fulfillment perspective including ticket processing, providing clear instructions to travelers regarding profile updates or actions required.
Is fully informed and stays abreast of all airline rules and regulations, tariffs (domestic and some international) and other industry requirements and accurately applies this information when making travel arrangements.
Maintains a high level of competency in operating the CRS.
Attends staff and training meetings for ongoing updates in the travel industry and office procedures.
Keeps supervisor promptly and fully informed of all matters of significance and takes prompt correction action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action which may be taken.
Works with team members to cross train in all areas team is responsible for including processing online related functions, international reservations, MCO’s, tickets, etc.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of GDS system (SABRE).
- Knowledge of airline rules and regulations, and reading fare rules.
- Ability to work in multiple systems and programs throughout the day.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to communicate using the ADTRAV model of professionalism verbally and in writing with both internal and external clients.
- Resolve Ticket errors
- Queue place corrected reservations back to Quality Control as appropriate.
- Delete and Restore Price Quotes (PQ).
- Apply SNAP code when appropriate.
- Knowledge of preferred seating process.
- Review “Special Requests” added online and take appropriate action to support.
- Verify ticket validity before staging a reservation for exchange.
- Execute voids and refunds as appropriate.
- Issue tickets and daily use of internal scripts, services, and databases
- Contact vendors (car/hotels) as appropriate to obtain best rate.
- Knowledge of Direct Bill process.
High school education and completion of an accredited travel school program. Must demonstrate thorough knowledge of travel industry including proficiency of at least one CRS, ticketing procedures for air travel, hotel booking and car rental requirements. Minimum of three years travel agency experience required and ability to meet and maintain performance standards defined for Operations Ticket Agent. Knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel is preferred.