- The IRS is America’s trusted digital resource for taxpayers to find what they need to effectively and simply meet their tax responsibilities whenever and wherever needed.
- This position will support IRS internal thought leaders and key executives to develop online strategies and enhance key processes to improve overall service and compliance.
- This includes the development of advanced technical analysis of highly specialized online applications and operational environments, high-level online functional systems analysis, design, integration, documentation, training, and implementation advice on complex problems.
- Responsible for successful delivery of the program to customer.
- Manage and integrate activities in accordance with contract requirements and ensure technical, schedule, cost, and financial performance.
- Define or contribute to the program baseline then execute the program to comply with baseline requirements.
- Manage risk, customer relationships, and program staffing.
- Ensure compliance with quality standards and escalate challenges to SAIC leadership.
- Support business development and program staff management.
- Provide key input and direction in planning, developing and implementing the program baseline.
- Possesses leadership and management skills that require very little feedback from supervisors.
- Provides strategic guidance to the team.
- The Program Manager will be responsible for: facilitating expansion of the program offering and enhancing the quality of program delivery; developing and implementing strategy for the program team; developing a robust risk mitigation plan; working to manage staff and resources for the program; managing budgets and reporting on fund allocation; coordinating and running program status meetings; gathering feedback and presenting insights; reporting on program performance to the government and SAIC customer group management; identifying opportunities for continual improvement; ensuring relevant standards, process and regulations are upheld.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more of related experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more of related experience.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP)
- 5 or more years of work in a federal government environment.
- 5 or more years of Agile Project Management
- 5 or more years of the ability to direct project personnel, manage cost and schedule, ensure contract compliance, and serve as customer interface.
- 5 or more years of managing experienced specialist employees who exercise significant latitude and independence.
- 5 or more years of interacting frequently with internal and external management and senior-level customer representatives concerning projects, operational decisions, scheduling requirements, and/or contractual clarifications.
- 5 or more years of leading briefings and technical meetings for internal and external representatives.
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) certification
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences in an approachable manner.
- Excellent facilitation skills, and the ability to work across organizational silos to build consensus.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability