We are currently seeking a Leasing Consultant for our Class A apartment complex.
The Leasing Consultant contributes to the achievement of the property’s financial goals by marketing the property to prospective tenants and leasing vacant units qualified persons.
· Interview prospective tenants to identify their needs and qualifications.
· Showcase model homes and apartments to prospective tenants; knowledgably discussing size and layout of rooms, available facilities, location of shopping areas, services available and terms of leases.
· Accurately complete all paperwork related to lease applications; lease agreement, credit check authorization, reference check authorization, etc.; collects rental deposits; maintain lease files.
· Inspect condition of vacant homes/apartments and arrange for necessary maintenance.
· Identify upcoming renewals and implement a targeted marketing campaign to ensure renewal success.
· Identify competing rental properties and develop understanding of advantages/disadvantages.
· Develop a property specific marketing plan; compose newspaper advertisements; create and distribute flyers/brochures; create and disseminate email campaigns.
· Other duties as assigned by management.
· Solid working knowledge of sales and marketing. General knowledge of other departments within the property, including a good understanding of basic operations and functions of all other departments and emergency systems, policies and procedures.
· Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
· Excellent proficiency with computer systems; intermediate proficiency with Word, Excel, MS Outlook and Yardi accounting software.
· Excellent command of the English language; bi-lingual (English/Spanish) highly desirable and may be requred at some proerties.
· Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
· Exceptional problem solving skills
· Ability to maintain customer focus
· Excellent organizational and planning skills
· Ability to work well in a team environment
· Ability to follow corporate standards and procedures
Experience and Education Requirements
· High School education or equivalent work experience.
· 2+ years of experience in a Sales position.
· Ability to accurately complete basic mathematical calculations, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
· Minimum training required per year as assigned by the company
· Any additional training required by manager
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, bend, walk and reach with hands and arms.
· This position requires the ability to occasionally lift, carry or push up to 10 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions at the Company’s discretion and on a case-by-case basis.
· This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
· This position may be full-time or part-time depending on property needs.
· This position works up to 40 hours per week. On call for emergencies.
· Work days and work hours may vary depending on property needs.
· This position works indoors.
· Occasional exposure to cleaning products, pesticides and other chemical solutions.
· No travel is expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may changes at any time or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time