ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing maintenance requirements (both planned and unplanned) on process steam / boiler, plant compressed air and utility systems to provide a continuous supply of heat, cooling, electrical power, or natural gas required for plant operations.
- Performing preventative maintenance and corrective work on plant hydraulic pumps and coolers.
- Performs light general construction and light duty facility upkeep. For major projects, position will be designated as a coordinator for approved contractors.
- Work with fellow technicians and 3rd party contractors to maintain our facility to support our operations team.
- Works with outside contractors to aid in preventative maintenance and repairs of our plant refrigeration systems.
- Will be the designated operator for our plant effluent system and continue to develop and maintain new standards that will improve reliability and success of delivering operational and environmental savings.
- Assist in maintaining parts and supplies inventory by reporting low supply levels to MRO buyer / planner. Will help provide feedback on developing facility maintenance planning.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include lockout-tag out requirements and wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, and fall restraints. Follows all Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information. Ensure all required information are documented in accordance with SOP’s.
- Demonstrate a strong emphasis on process and execution discipline, personal accountability and performance, and clear, honest, straightforward communication.
- Ensure effective interaction with all team members
- Works closely with other departments, specifically maintain communication with other departments, management and teammates so that you notify them of any problems and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of production.
- Will work with our fire and security contractors to ensure systems are being maintained to NFPA rules and standards.
- Readily available for emergency repairs in breakdown situations
- Must have a positive attitude.
- Demonstrate willingness to help teammates.
- Proven experience in driving a world-class maintenance program.
Demonstrated proficiency in the following Skills
- Oral and written communication
- Time Management
- Proficiency with technology
- Ability to read a print and/or flow schematics
Education & Experience:
- Education in skilled trade and/or 10 years’ experience, OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 30 hour OSHA certification
- EPA Sec. 608, minimum two (2) years of experience in HVAC.
- Plumbing, and/or Electrical Licenses are a plus.
- Mechanic level 2 training or 2-4 years of comparable mechanical service experience acceptable.
- Read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, electrical schematics, service manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service work.
- Steam generation and distribution training or comparable years of experience.
- Must have valid driver's license
To successfully perform this job function the following applies and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function: Performance of job description stand; walk; sit; drive; push/pull, use hands to finger, talk or hear; and taste or smell; reach overhead; occasionally squat, bend; stoop; twist; kneel; and/or climb. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and will work in an environment with loud noises, varying temperatures from warm to freezing occasionally, work off shifts. All required PPE is available onsite.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00 /hour
- Facilities Maintenance: 10 years (Preferred)