Full Job Description
Location: Washington, DC
Type of Employment: Full Time / Regular
Clearance Status: Must be obtainable
This position ensures that Federal Agencies utilizing the DOJ CJIS capabilities are in compliance with all statutory and federal laws, as well as the policies set forth in the FBI CJIS Security Policy and the DOJ CJIS Audit Policy. In addition, the position requires a highly professional, skilled, computer literate, and responsible individual who possesses the ability to work independently outside the division headquarters. The employee assigned to this position exercises independent judgment and initiative in the performance of assigned duties.
We are currently seeking a candidate with a combination of strong communication and analytical skills with CJIS knowledge and/or biometric processing experience. The ideal candidate will be an experienced Auditor with CJIS knowledge.
What You'll get To Do:
- Plan and perform audits of DOJ CJIS User Agencies
- Coordinate audit visits with DOJ CJIS User Agencies to assure availability of resources for audit activities
- Plan and implement personal travel schedules and itineraries accordingly
- Interface with User Agency representatives and management to answer questions, conduct audits, provide feedback, and
- Effectively communicate plans to team members and management.
- Gather critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports.
- Manage personal tasks and coordinate assigned project work and activities
- Update, implement and maintain procedures and SOPs.
- Seek management assistance to prioritize initiatives based on business needs and requirements as needed.
- Ensure timely completion of assignments.
- Performs work-related travel as necessary to complete audit.
- Interview personnel at user agencies and/or review audit questionnaire answers and submitted evidence to ascertain compliance
- Identify deficiencies with operational and policy requirements of the CJIS Security Policy and DOJ CJIS Audit Policy for transmission, processing, and storage of CJIS data by criminal justice agencies.
- Maintain current and up-to-date knowledge regarding all changes to the security policy and how it impacts audit requirements.
- Prepare formal audit report of findings for each agency audited to identify compliance and deficiency factors and summarize results of each audit; track and receipt the compliance measures taken by audited agencies.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years’ experience or Master’s degree and 6 years' experience'
- CJIS Auditing experience at the State or Federal level
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to perform data research and validate data entries against applicable policies.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Possess skills in data analysis and problem solving and the ability to summarize information in concise reports to ensure understanding and for utilization in presentations
- Ability to interpret policies and laws in written and oral form.
- Ability to handle restricted and confidential information in a professional manner.
- There is no clearance requirement to begin employment. However, as a requirement of continued employment in this position you will be required to obtain a DOJ/MBI clearance.
These Qualifications Would Be Nice To Have:
- Current Certification as a CISA and/or work experience in the fields of information security or information technology.
- Experience with Peak Performance Tools
- Thorough knowledge of federal laws, rules, and regulations pertaining to the collection, storage, and dissemination of criminal history record information.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 to $125,000.00 /year
- Peak Performance Tools: 5 years (Preferred)
- IT Audit: 8 years (Preferred)
- CJIS Auditing at the State or Federal level: 5 years (Required)
- Washington, DC (Required)
- DOJ MBI Clearance (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative