Senior Accountant- Litigation
Support the litigation support / forensic accounting division of a top ranked regional CPA firm. We offer a very reasonable work life balance, high base salaries and bonuses, overtime paid at time and one half, excellent benefits and upward career progression. You will specialize in the areas of forensic accounting, litigation, insolvency, and commercial client services. Work will involve a broad range of accounting, tax, and financial skills, along with exposure to a wide range of companies from small enterprises to large corporate entities operating in variety of industries.
As a Semi-Senior Accountant/Litigation Analyst, you will be a valuable member of our team, performing work of a highly diverse nature, including general accounting, audit, trust accounting, financial analysis, litigation support, forensic accounting, and tax preparation for individuals, corporations, partnerships and trusts.
- Assurance services, with emphasis on compilation and review engagements.
- Preparation of client monthly accounting and financial statements.
- Preparation of individual, corporate, partnership, LLC and fiduciary tax returns.
- Analysis of financial data and preparation of reports in conjunction with forensic accounting, insolvency, and litigation support work.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated foundational knowledge of technical accounting and financial reporting standards under the GAAP.
- CPA license a plus or on CPA track.
- Experience with compilations and reviews of financial statements.
- Ability to organize work and projects, prioritize, meet deadlines, and complete work in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Strong accounting skills, ability to reason and multi-task.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, QuickBooks. Knowledge of ProSystem FX and CaseWare a plus.
- Attentive to detail, self-sufficient, requiring minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills.
- Dependable, with excellent attendance record and stable work history.
- BA or BS degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- 2-3 years’ general accounting, audit, and/or tax experience, preferably in public accounting firm.
- Must live within reasonable driving distance of West Los Angeles office
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- CPA firm accounting: 2 years