Borrego Health provides high quality, efficient customer focused health care to the communities we serve, accomplished by providing access to patient centered comprehensive care to all residents regardless of their ability to pay.
The Community Breast & Cervical Health Coordinator (CBCHC) is coordinates community mobile mammography screening events and provide breast and cervical health education to all residents in Borrego Health’s service areas. The CBCHC H (CBCHC) is responsible for advertise screening events within the community; engaging community leaders, mobile mammography imaging entities, mobile medical unit, and outreach staff regarding screening events; and collaborating with women’s health staff and clinic leadership for clinic logistics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Coordinates and oversees mobile mammography screening events in the community.
2. Maintains the mobile mammography patient schedule and event calendar updated.
3. Establishes new and strengthens existing relationships for event services.
4. Promotes events in the community, and distributes flyers, brochures, and any necessary material prior to each event.
5. Prepares for screening events by reviewing schedules, organizing paper work for each patient, and other day of event logistics to ensure efficient workflow on day of event.
6. Communicates with mobile mammography imaging entities, outreach staff, mobile medical unit, and clinic staff regarding events.
7. Works closely with clinic staff to ensure appropriate referrals and follow-up care for patients seen at screening events.
8. Manages clinics’ recall list for breast and cervical cancer list to meet clinical measure goals.
9. Conducts presentations at various community sites to inform women about their risk for breast and cervical cancer and the importance of early detection.
10. Plans activities for breast and cervical cancer health observances for the organization and community in collaboration with health observances committee and women’s health team.
11. Assists and works with Regional WHCM Lead on Every Woman Counts DETEC cycles.
12. Produce monthly reports documenting screening event and education performance.
13. Assists in the collections of outcome data such as abnormal and cancer cases.
14. Works with clinic leadership to obtain monthly health plan list of patients due for screening and call to make appointments to meet HEIDIs.
15. Contact key personnel at health clinics and other service/health-related organizations with access to target population to identify status or services and coordinate patient care.
16. Assist with the development of breast and cervical health education material and protocols.
17. Demonstrates through knowledge of available public funded programs including Every Women’s Counts, FPACT, Breast Cervical Cancer Treatment Program and others as determined appropriate.
18. Facilitates access to healthcare services by informing patients of programs available and coordinating appointments within the organization.
19. Works collaboratively with other departments. Promotes and supports the patient centered medical home.
20. Provide all customers with consistent quality service in accordance with Borrego Health Core Values and Standards of Customer Service.
21. Model and support Borrego’s Mission Statement with a positive “can do” attitude.
22. Other duties as assigned.
1. High School diploma or GED
2. Organizing community events
3. Outreach and community health experience preferred
4. Knowledge of breast health education/services and public funding programs for women
5. Must have a current California driver's license with a clean driving record and meet the insurance requirements for the state of California.
Learn more about us, please visit our website at http://www.borregohealth.org/
Please follow the instructions below to apply for this position.
1. Fill out a Borrego Health Application. You may download a copy of the application by visiting this link.
2. Attach a copy of your resume to the application.
3. Please submit both the application and your resume by clicking Submit below.
4. You may also mail or fax your application and resume to the following address and telephone number:
PO Box 2369
Borrego Springs, CA 92004
Borrego Community Health Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from all individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability or any other protected class, political affiliation or belief.
Job Type: Full-time