CityWorth Mortgage is seeking a dedicated Junior Staff Accountant to work in our Fairfax, VA office. Not only will this individual have the opportunity to work with some of the best in the mortgage lending business but they will also be welcomed into a tight-knit group of motivated and driven employees that are passionate about providing only the highest level of service for clients.
Our Junior Staff Accountant will be proactive, responsible, and detail-oriented while providing significant accounting support to the CFO. This position is perfect if you've recently graduated and are trying to start your career!
- Analyze financial transactions to assure conformity and compliance with generally accepted accounting principals
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial close including Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Cash Flow
- Assists with daily cash reports and bank reconciliations
- Prepares journal entries and account reconciliations to ensure account balances are true and accurate as presented
- Maintains fixed asset ledger system. Responsible for reconciliation of fixed asset system to general ledger
- Preparation of key financial analysis critical toward development of company-wide strategic initiatives
- Assists in preparation of year end schedules for annual review by CPA
- Assists the Accounts Payable Coordinator with entering AP invoices
- Other duties as assigned
You're qualified if:
- You have a bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or 1-2 years of hands on experience
- You have the ability to work well independently, with others and in teams
- You are a very organized individual with the ability to prioritize
- You have the ability to quickly understand complex accounting transactions
- You have strong analytical skills
- You are highly skilled in Excel and Quickbooks Pro.
- You have great communication and verbal skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $45,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Are you able to reliably commute to Fairfax, VA?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check in accordance with state/local regulations?
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location