The Leidos Civilian Health Operation is seeking a collaboration technologies Business Analyst a contract supporting the National Institutes of Health in Rockville, MD.
Your role will keep you engaged and on your toes while you act as the liaison with senior government sponsors, end users, vendors and internal support teams and manage the on-going support of critical applications for our clients. We are looking for a qualified Business Analyst with significant analyst skills to support the client’s technical needs, including requirements gathering, data collection and analysis. Ideal candidates will have a solid understanding of SharePoint or similar content management system (CMS) functionality (e.g. Moodle, Drupal, etc.), and be looking to expand their technical abilities under the direction of technical subject matter experts in a project environment.
Provide business analysis and requirements gathering support to provide an optimal portfolio of state-of-the-art, high value, collaboration, communications, and content management solutions that result in improved effectiveness and efficiency of internal and external communications, and promotes innovation and productivity across the organization. The ideal candidate will have experience with collaborative and content management technologies, e.g. SharePoint 2013, Drupal or Moodle. The Business Analyst will work directly with clients, product owners and cross-functional teams to introduce innovative approaches and develop technical solutions. Key responsibilities include working with clients and end users to develop and analyze business requirements; planning strategic collaborative tools solutions; and supporting the requirements of projects.
The candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced Agile environment and must be very proactive in analyzing and solving issues to include ability to be able to identify problem areas and provide resolution. This person will interact frequently with customers, peers and functional peer groups at various levels and must have strong business acumen. The candidate must be an articulate communicator with an ability to communicate technical information to the team.
The Business Analyst is responsible for collecting factual data, understanding the processes involved, identifying problems and recommending feasible suggestions for improving the system functioning. This involves studying the business processes, gathering operational data, and understands the information flow. Also includes subdividing of complex process involving the entire system, identification of data store and manual processes. The candidate is responsible for rating and ranking the system requirements, based on the user's needs and other constraints such as cost and schedule, and by interfacing with the design and implementation engineers, architects, and programmers so that problems arising during design or implementation can be resolved in accordance with the fundamental design concepts, and user needs and constraints. The position also requires the ability to generate acceptance test requirements, in collaboration with the designers, test engineers, and the user, to determine that all of the high level requirements have been met.
- Understand and communicate the capabilities of the collaborative tools portfolio, including strategies and deliverables required for successful implementation and end-user adoption
- Conduct meetings to elicit, define and document requirements from sponsors and end users
- Conduct qualitative analysis of existing implementations and provide thoughtful, strategic improvement recommendations
- Define content strategy solutions, including document workflow and governance policies
- Conduct requirements gathering sessions with client stakeholders using interviews, document analysis, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, workflow analysis
- Translate requirements into technical specifications
- Articulate requirements and business requirements to developers
- Identify gaps in processes, opportunities for improvements and automation
- Generate technical requirements, proof of concept solutions
- Manage resources against plan
- Organize and facilitate user group meetings
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent based on evaluation of academic credentials, training and/or experience) as well as 7 years of related business analysis/requirements gathering. Experience may have been gained before, during or after degree. 3+ years’ experience working with collaborative technology solutions to include requirements elicitation and analysis and designing of solutions.
- 7 years’ experience in a Business Analyst or Requirements Analyst role
- Experience with Collaboration, Portals, Enterprise Search, Enterprise Content Management, business Processes and Forms as well as Business Intelligence, this includes search configuration, search crawl sources, rules, schedules, records management, profile services, business connectivity service configuration, external Service Application types and lists
- Experience with TFS or similar code/requirements management tool suite
- Experience working in an Agile environment specifically in Scrum and Kanban frameworks
- Understand how to organize unstructured data (documents) by using metadata, taxonomies, etc.
- Intermediate-level understanding of CMS capabilities (administration, configuration and customization)
- Demonstrated expertise in communicating the capabilities CMSs (as a full functioning learning management and content management system)
- Solid understanding of what CMSs can do OOTB and/or with "no-code" solutions e.g. installing plug-ins versus configuring existing course and/or site administration settings
- Basic knowledge of CSS, HTML, design and development of websites
- Ability to create Visio diagrams/charts, functional & design documents, Test Scripts and perform some project management specifically managing against a plan.
- Demonstrated knowledge of all business analysis practices with emphasis on business requirements gathering, facilitation, testing and work flow analysis
- Proficient in SDLC methodology and tools, and strong understanding of Project methodologies
- Must be able to understand the business uses of data and develop designs and specifications to meet those requirements
- Must be an effective verbal and written communicator, able to work with both technical and business users and product owners
- Must have a commitment to delivering high-quality software and data
- Must demonstrate a sense of urgency, and the ability to work independently and proactively in achieving team and individual objectives
- Must be comfortable in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Must have strong attention to detail and an inquisitive mindset
- Domain health science knowledge a plus
- Experience with Drupal implementation
- Major Plus: PMI-BA certification
- Major Plus: Project Management Training/Certification
- Major Plus: Certified Scrum Master
Bachelors degree in computer science or equivalent
Requires US Citizen or US Person (Green Card Holder) with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.