The Senior Account Executive within the Network and Security Business Unit (NSBU) is responsible for a coordinated sales approach with VMware’s NSX internal and external sales team. This extended team drives toward a common goal within a set number of SLED accounts. The mission of this group is to broaden the reach of these accounts in order to ensure the VMware NSX foothold across the assigned regions. Our solution set is viewed as a ‘platform’ within an account. It changes the role that IT plays within that account from being considered a cost burden to a strategic deployment.
- Responsible for selling VMware NSX network virtualization and security portfolio into SLED Accounts
- Build demand for VMware portfolio in customer base and establish sales cadence with corporate team
- You will engage and enable channel partners during your sales cycle
- Responsibility to move the transaction through the entire sales cycle
- Solidify existing customer accounts and elevate VMware to a more strategic position
- You will help identify and match Network and Security solutions to the customer’s business needs, challenges, and technical requirements
- 6+years of experience within the datacenter software industry
- You have experience with SLED customers and procurement vehicles
- Security and Networking background a plus
- You have experience selling in an overlay or product sales specialist capacity
- Experience working within both direct and an indirect or channel driven model
- You are currently leading a team of specialists in sales campaigns that include sales executives, field SE’s, Inside Sales, Field Marketing, Services, etc.
- You have a proven track record of success selling in a highly competitive environment
- BA/BS degree or higher, or equivalent job related experience
- Estimated travel of between 30% and 50% depending on the density and size of the territory
VMware NSX is a network virtualization platform that delivers the operational model of a virtual machine for the network. Virtual networks reproduce the network model in software, allowing customers to build complex, multi-tier network topologies and provision them programmatically in seconds. NSX includes a library of logical networking services – logical switches, logical routers, logical firewalls, logical load balancers, logical VPN, QoS, and distributed security.The NSX virtualization platform is helping thousands of customers realize the full potential of a Software Defined Data Center.
Become a part of the dynamic and diverse team that owns and drives the NSX product and solution strategy for the Cloud.
A self-service interface allows users to build custom combinations of these services in isolated software-based virtual networks that support existing applications without modification or deliver customized requirements for new application workloads. Similar to virtual machines in compute, virtual networks are programmatically provisioned independent of networking hardware. Decoupling from hardware introduces agility, speed and operational efficiency that has transformed data center economics.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.