As an experienced Software Engineer, you will work in a dynamic, agile team to enhance, build, and deliver trusted market-leading technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. Depending on the team that you join, you could be developing mobile features that give our customers and clients more control over how they bank with us, strategizing on how big data can make our trading systems quicker, creating the next innovation in payments for merchants, or supporting the integration of our private and public cloud platforms.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Design, write, comment and unit test code to confirm software modules are of the highest quality
- Build Microservices that will run on the bank’s internal cloud and the public cloud platform
- Collaborate with teams in multiple regions and time zones
- Participate in scrum team stand-ups, code reviews and other ceremonies, contribute to task completion and blocker resolution within your team
- Handle critical and time sensitive concurrent tasks with supervision and properly escalate situations as appropriate
- Write test cases, leverage unit and integration testing, develop functionality and automation
- Maintain technical acumen by pursuing formal and informal learning opportunities about technology, JPMorgan Chase products, and financial services
- Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities, to improve delivery flow across product and technology
- Hands-on practical experience in system design, application development, testing and operational stability
- Experience in developing, debugging and maintaining code in an enterprise environment with one or more modern programming languages and database querying languages
- Familiarity with modern front-end technologies
- Overall knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Solid understanding of Agile methodologies such as CI/CD, Applicant Resiliency and Security
Your Role Level
JPMorgan Chase is looking to hire Associate Software Engineers at the 601 and 602 levels. A determination will be made on placement for successful candidates based on the results of a skills-based assessment which applicants will be asked to complete during the hiring process. The assessment will evaluate ability to perform basic coding and systems design responsibilities. For the 601 level, the role requires the ability to understand advance features of a coding language, design a viable system, and solve functional problems through basic language applications. For the 602 level, the role requires a higher level of proficiency and ability to function independently, including the ability to use and explain advance features of a coding language, design systems across technologies and platforms, solve functional and non-functional problems through an application of language best practices, as well as, the ability to assess issues broadly, identify alternative or innovative solutions, collaborate effectively, and provide guidance to others.
Visa sponsorship may be available for these positions.
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America’s households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
ABOUT THE TEAM
Our Consumer & Community Banking division serves our Chase customers through a range of financial services, including personal banking, credit cards, mortgages, auto financing, investment advice, small business loans and payment processing. We’re proud to lead the U.S. in credit card sales and deposit growth and have the most-used digital solutions – all while ranking first in customer satisfaction.