Civil / Highway Engineer/EIT - (150339)
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Civil / Highway Engineer/EIT, we'll count on you to:
- Work on a team with other project engineers on the detailed design of urban roadway projects
- Take responsibility for alignment and profile, geometrics, drainage, development of plans and construction estimates
- Provide assistance with the creation and submission of technical reports, specifications and calculations. Keyword(s): Highway, Roadway, Civil, EIT, job #148503, *LI-MP1
- MS/BS in Civil Engineering or closely related field.
- 2+ years’ experience in civil engineering, preferably in highway/roadway design.
- Preferred candidates will be on track for PE.
- Experience with NYSDOT, NYCDOT, NYCDDC, NYCDPR, NYCDEP or NYCT projects is preferred.
- MicroStation or AutoCAD experience are required
- MS Office experience
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
- Candidates who reside locally in the metro NY/NJ area are preferred.
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
United States-New York-New York
Highway + Road
Jul 23, 2018