Northeastern University's Event Management team is seeking talented individuals to fill the role of Media Services Technician on our events team. The Event Management team provides end-to-end event production including technical coordination, event set-up and support, AV / VTC services, live-stream / recording, and front of house staff / management.
The Media Services Technician serves as the primary operator of in-house audio, lighting, and video equipment and systems in NU Event Management venues.
- Configure and operate in-house audiovisual systems according to client's specifications.
- Ability to adapt to a complex and fluid work environment: respond positively to last minute changes or challenges presented by a production environment.
- Troubleshoot complex issues quickly and effectively while maintaining a professional attitude and composure. Develop workarounds or compromises as needed in a fast-paced environment.
- Work as a member of the Media Services team on-site to achieve all common end goals for the event setup, operation, and strike.
- Maintain the security and safety of the venue for its patrons, performers, and staff. Protect the venue as well as the physical resources (technology and equipment, etc.) stored on-site. Maintain the venue and its equipment with proper care.
- 2 years professional AV and/or Event Production experience required.
- Experience with Yamaha digital soundboards (CL5, QL5, QL1) and ETC lighting consoles (Gio, Ion) strongly preferred.
- Experience with Crestron video switching equipment and control systems strongly preferred.
- Experience with Wirecast, BlueJeans and other VTC platforms, Playback Pro, Q Lab, etc. a plus.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $17.00 /hour
- A/V Technician: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)