*** 2nd Shift Opening ***
- Operates metal fabrication equipment in compliance with company operating procedures using TIG welding processes.
- Produces a variety of parts from shop drawings to conform to specifications.
- Reads and interprets blueprints or welding process specifications.
- Operates brazing and soldering equipment. Operates metal shaping machines such as brakes, shears, and other metal straightening and bending machines. Participates in continuous improvement of cell processes.
- Cross trains in other complementary skills and seeks endorsements for those skills as needed to support production requirements.
- Moves between production assignments that utilize multiple skills endorsements as needed to support production requirements.
- Participates in cross training of other technicians as needed to support production requirements.
- Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret blueprints and welding process specifications.
- The work requires you to be able to read and understand a Router that details what needs to be completed on each part, the Routers are in English, so reading, understanding, and writing in English is a requirement in order to complete the tasks at hand.
- Thorough understanding of tool design and fabrication methods and processes.
- Working knowledge of related company instructions, company processes, reworks process instructions, original equipment manufacturer manuals and MSDS labels.
- Working knowledge of production management computer system and other related internal control systems.
- Experience using measurement tools including mics and calipers.
- Ability to work independently for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 25% of the average work day.
- Regularly required to sit for prolonged periods.
- Completion of a welding apprenticeship program; or equivalent.
- Attainment of trade certification.
- Attainment of applicable welding ticket(s).
- Minimum of 5 years aerospace welding experience.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.