Golden State Foods is one of the largest diversified suppliers to the foodservice industry, servicing approximately 120,000 restaurants in more than 40 countries from its 40+ locations on five continents. Established in 1947, GSF is values-based with proven performance in superior quality, innovation, and customer service.
The Senior Programmer Analyst - JDE is part of the Corporate IT team and accountable for implementing high quality, defect free systems and applications by owning the analysis of the enterprise’s needs for computerization, designing new or modified systems, writing computer programs and driving the end-to-end testing process.
- Must have 8-10 years of JDE development experience (technical programming)
- Must be willing to work in our Irvine, CA office
- Must be willing to accept a permanent position (this is not a consulting job)
- Kitchen with snacks
- Catered breakfast
- Enjoy access to our Corporate GSF Suite at the Honda Center for sporting events and concerts
- Flexible schedule
- Fun company events
- Work from home opportunities
(% of time may vary depending on assignments/projects)
Technical Requirements 35%
- Ability to provide technical hands-on support for key applications: JDE - Order-to-Cash, Procure-to-Pay, Financials, JDE integration with WMS applications
- Review and analyze systems specifications to determine whether all required elements have been included.
- Consult with Business Solution team to gather information about program needs, objectives, functions, features, and input and output requirements.
- Analyze, define and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs.
- Review for accuracy the Technical Requirements completed by other team members.
- Act as single point of escalation for issues with Technical Requirements.
Systems Development 30%
- Develop and maintain the design of computer systems including screen design, reports and programs.
- Design and develop databases for efficiency.
- Use programming tools to code computer instructions from the systems documentation.
- Utilize any special programming techniques necessary to achieve the most effective program.
- Provide thought leadership for systems development and programming expertise.
- Modify existing programs to conform to system changes or make improvements in the existing program.
- Provide QA Code Reviews for newly developed or modified code from the team
- Provide/assist in QA Design & Code Reviews for newly developed or modified code from the team.
- Test and debug computer programs.
- Design & implement test scenarios & cases (unit, systems and regression).
- Create & implement test plans and test scripts (unit, systems and regression).
- Design & develop testing tools for test automation & support.
- Lead all technical testing efforts including integration testing & performance testing.
- Ensure QoS (Quality of Service) levels of software products through performance test bench marking.
- Provide production support of software products by investigating and recreating reported defects.
- Develop and implement standards and continual improvement activities in conjunction with QA Lead.
Systems Deployment & Support 10%
- Train personnel in business units in any specific procedures necessary to enter data into terminals for computer processing.
- Write and maintain documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
- Monitor performance of programs after implementation.
- Act as escalation point for applications support for the team and business units.
Resource Management 10%
- Coordinate the work efforts, scheduling and prioritization for cross-team resources.
- Effectively transition senior level knowledge to other members of the team to help grow the organization as a whole.
- Train and mentor other team members in team standards, processes and methodologies.
- Support the professional development of other team members.
- Effectively delegate tasks to other team members to challenge individuals appropriately.
- Identify relevant training needs for the IT organization.
- Provide leadership to the team in regards to quality and integrity. Inspect and ensure the quality of work delivered by other team members.
- Provide input into the scheduled performance review process.
- Suggest and lead areas for improvement in internal processes.
- Provide input into the decision making process for the team.
- Act as point person on behalf of the team and gain the trust and confidence of other team members.
Additional Responsibilities Varied
- Accountable for properly following all IT standards, processes and methodologies as applicable including but not limited to Quality Assurance (QA), Project Management Life Cycle (PMLC) and Software Delivery Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Other responsibilities and accountabilities may be assigned based on business and organization needs.
- 8-10 years of progressive, increasingly responsible, JDE development / applications programming, designing and testing for small and large scale JDE software applications.
- 2-4 years of qualifying experience must have included primary developer for successful, multi-discipline technology or service-oriented projects.
All interested candidates please visit our career website
Job Type: Full-time
- JDE Development: 5 years (Preferred)