Union Tank Car Company (“UTLX”) manufactures, leases and repairs railcars in North America for railroads and industrial companies who ship by rail. With roots dating back over 125 years to Standard Oil Co. and John D. Rockefeller, UTLX, along with Canadian affiliate Procor, owns and leases a diversified portfolio of approximately 120K tank cars and 10K freight cars, operates two tank car manufacturing facilities as well as a network of more than 110 full-service and mini / mobile repair shops. The Company’s regulatory, engineering and commercial expertise make UTLX the preferred source of railcars and services for many of its customers. Owned by the Marmon Group and Berkshire Hathaway, UTLX headquarters is in Chicago’s financial district, close to major public transportation hubs. UTLX offers competitive compensation and benefits as well as an opportunity to be a part of a top-notch team where enthusiasm, expertise and progressive thinking are valued.
Headquarters: Chicago, IL
Full-Service Repair/Maintenance facilities: Altoona, PA; Celaya, Mexico; Cleveland, TX; East Chicago, IN; Edmonton, AB; Eldorado, KS; Evanston, WY; Joffrey, AB; Marion, OH; Muscatine, IA; Oakville, ON; Regina East, SK; Regina West, SK; Sarnia, ON; Sayre, PA; Texarkana, AR; Valdosta, GA; Ville Platte, LA; and Waterloo, IA.
Mobile Units & On-site Customer Crews: Over 100 locations in North America and growing
Manufacturing facilities: Alexandria, LA; Sheldon, TX
Are you a driven individual? Do you have Industrial Engineering Management experience? Interested in working for financially stable & growing Marmon Group/Berkshire Hathaway Company? Apply today as a Union Tank Car Company (‘UTLX’) as an Industrial Engineering Manager based out of El Dorado, KS.
Union Tank Car Company (UTLX) is looking to hire an experienced Industrial Engineering Manager (IEM) who will be responsible for working with Plant Management to develop and execute long-term growth and efficiency initiatives to ensure turn-time reduction and increased throughput. They will manage approval for expenditures (AFE’s) through project completion including overseeing contractors, designs and quotes. They will provide input for the capital budget development.
· Manage process improvements to include time studies, workflow, equipment upgrades.
· Monitor and actively participate and lead in monthly IEM / Director Council
· Manage the contractor approval process
· Lead AFE development
· Oversee onsite contractors
· Provide input to development of the capital budget
· Manage value analysis engineering – form, fit and function
· Participate in and support quality projects and initiatives to ensure that the company achieves its goals.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
LEGALLY CAN WORK IN THE US NOW AND IN THE FUTURE WITHOUT SPONSORSHIP
· Bachelor’s degree in relevant field such as Industrial Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering
· Experience in relevant heavy industrial manufacturing or repair (railcar repair ideal)
· Minimum 5 years’ experience from a lean-manufacturing environment
· Experience managing direct reports
· Excellent communication skills required – both oral and written
· Experience with the Tools section listed above
· Experience in problem solving methodology
Job Type: Full-time