The CNC Programmer's primary role is to write and optimize programs to create complex parts on 4- and 5-axis CNC machines. S/he will be responsible for ensuring that programming duration meets the production schedule and is executed to optimize machining time on the CNC center with minimal breakage of tools. S/he will also be responsible for creating and maintaining a library of preps for "standard" parametric figures.
- Write and optimize CNC programs to create complex parts on 4 and 5 axis CNC machining centers.
- Build and keep a library of preps of “standard” parametric figures: like holes, slots, undercuts, etc to reduce and standardize programming.
- Optimize the machining time reducing tool changes during operation.
- Create and compile necessary documents to aid setting up machines and reduce set up time to improve machining productivity.
- Simulates execution of the machining operations on 3d graphics checking for any possible collisions and make sure of smooth machining process.
- Work together with CNC operators to adjust and optimize parts set up and programs.
- Work to deadlines given by Machining Manger.
- Follow manufacturer instruction for easy programming and troubleshooting instruction
- Five years’ experience writing CNC programs in a machining environment.
- Demonstrates proficiency with CAD (solid modeling) and CAM software.
- Experience in using Inventor and Solid Work.
- Demonstrates a professional and positive attitude as well as a passion for continuous improvement.
- Demonstrates strong time management skills with the ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects.
- Experience on Emmegi CNC machines and CamPlus programming is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
- writing CNC programs: 5 years (Required)
- CamPlus: 1 year (Preferred)