FutureCare Old Court located in Randallstown is looking for PRN Dietary aide to join their team.
Duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following tasks and assignments:
Checks assigned station before starting for cleanliness, proper holding temperatures, correct utensils, ample supplies and menu items.
Always uses disposable gloves when working on tray line.
Checks the temperature and appearance of the food to be served and reports any discrepancies immediately.
Check completed trays for appearance and arrangement, places food items on tray carefully and neatly.
Check for missing items; call out for those items in need of replacement.
Return unused items to refrigerators, freezers, or storeroom properly wrapped and labeled and put in appropriate place.
Always observes sanitation procedures before handling utensils or food items.
Cleans station thoroughly before leaving area for other assignment.
Delivers carts to resident’s floor in specified order and returns carts to kitchen at designated time; pick up all trays from patient area.
10. Always wear gloves while scrapping trays and carefully checks trays to ensure that flatware or paper does not fall into disposal.
11. Check clean dishes to ensure all particles are removed. Runs dirty dishes through machine again if necessary, reporting any temperature problem.
12. Thoroughly clean all plate warmers, lid and base carts, all other equipment and returns them to their respective station when finished.
13. Never crosses over to the clean side of the dish machine wearing contaminated gloves.
14. Promptly reports to work station at specified starting time.
15. Never delays start up by having incomplete set ups.
16. Consistently utilizes appropriate serving utensils and adheres to portion control guidelines.
17. Properly describes menu items to residents/families & employees if asked.
18. Inform cook supervisor when quantities are low with sufficient lead time to avoid run-outs.
19. Washes hands thoroughly throughout the workday; adheres to personal hygiene requirement and infection control procedures.
20. Consistently demonstrates a willingness to help on work that needs to be done; helps out in other areas when necessary without instructions.
21. Insures the nourishments are accurately assembled and delivered and floor stock supplies adequately maintained.
22. Properly sets up dish machine cleaning if necessary, filling tanks after each meal, checking soap and rinse solution to ensure proper operation.
23. Consistently follows guidelines for daily, weekly and monthly cleaning schedules
24. Consistently washes, rinses and sanitizes pots according to proper procedure.
25. Remove trash according to procedure. Always uses correct elevator and does not overload cart so top stays down, to ensure infection control standard are met.
26. Sweep and mop floors consistently using two (2) bucket method.
27. Demonstrates ability to receive deliveries; can check invoice against goods received and report variances on amount.
28. Demonstrates ability to properly store and rotate all stock.
B. Guest Relations:
Employee understands that our customers are to include (but are not limited to) residents, fellow employees, physicians, visitors or community.
Employee strives to anticipate, meet, and exceed the customer’s needs and expectations.
Employee keeps their work area neat, hazard free and free of clutter; notifying the appropriate person/department when something needs repair.
Employee insures that departmental policies and practices are followed.
Employee follows all necessary personal protection and universal precaution procedures.
Employee demonstrates knowledge of techniques, procedures, or equipment and institution policies and procedures necessary for the job performance.
Employee attends all mandatory safety in-service as required.
D. Professional Standards:
Abides by the standards identified in FutureCare’s Statement of Corporate Ethics and the Corporate Compliance Plan.
Employee presents in a professional manner, in accordance with the dress code.
Employee attends all mandatory in services .
Employee constantly challenges self to improve quality through participation in internal and external programs designed for personal growth.
Employee respects the privacy of others by maintaining the confidentiality of patient and employee information, professional or personal in nature, at all times. Employee accepts responsibility for information which they are communicating.
Other relevant duties as assigned
High School Diploma or GED
Healthcare food service experience preferred
good communication skills
Ability to deal with people in a tactful, diplomatic and respectful manner
Ability to follow written and verbal instructions