Are you looking for the chance to learn, grow, and make a contribution to the community? If so, you’ll want to join an organization that is truly committed to making a difference. The Sullivan University System offers post-secondary educational opportunities in a variety of disciplines through its many campuses to prepare students for employment in high-need career fields. At The Sullivan University System, you’ll find a host of career opportunities, an environment that values creativity, a work experience that is both challenging and rewarding, and an organization that values people.
We offer a generous benefits package, a competitive salary, comprehensive training, tuition reimbursement and a professional work environment.
The Sullivan University System has been named one of the Best Places to Work for three years in a row, because we truly believe you don’t need to choose between making a living and making a difference.
We are currently looking for a full-time Administrative Assistant for Academic Administration. The Administrative Assistant for Academic Administration aids the Director of Education and provides support services for students, faculty and staff. Among other responsibilities, the individual acts as a customer service representative for student inquiries and concerns, supports instructors by managing daily course folders, maintains various electronic and hard copy records for the school, and performs general administrative duties.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Provides positive customer service to students, faculty, and staff
- Works closely with the Director of Education, Director of Academic Services,
staff and faculty members to achieve institutional goals and priorities
- Answers the telephone and forwards calls and/or messages.
- Accepts tuition payments or parking fines from students, and provide them
- Provides administrative support including routine filling (both hard copies
and electronic) and mailings.
- Assist with processing request in student information system and learning
- Maintains the quarterly log of evening instructors’ departure times and
activities, and submits reports to the Director of Education.
- Assist with making student ID cards and student welcome packets.
- Serves as backup to the night librarian during break and absences.
- Serves as primary point of contact for students and visitors by maintaining
work location at student services desk and greeting, assisting, and referring
them when necessary.
Requirements of the position include:
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma required.
- One year related work experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be
- Accurately type at least 50 wpm.
- Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to coordinate multiple assignments simultaneously and efficiently
while meeting required deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Ability to maintain concentration and attention to detail while working for
extended periods of time.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Explorer, and the
ADP HRB system.
- Basic knowledge of Campus Nexus system.
- Skill in operating various office equipment, such as personal computer,
calculator, facsimile, copy machine, camera, document shredder, scanner and
- Good numerical and literacy skills.
- Ability to maintain security of school money.
- Must possess customer service, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods.
- Must be able to hear and speak well enough to communicate with students,
faculty, and staff face to face and via the telephone.
This job description list the major responsibilities of the job title listed. By no means is the job limited only to the responsibilities listed. Cooperation between employees is expected during periods of heavier than normal workloads and revisions to these duties on either a temporary or permanent basis is possible.
The Sullivan University System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.