Position Title: Fitness Assistant
Qualifications: (Required education, experience, licensure/certification and required skills and abilities)
High School diploma or GED required.
Enrolled in a health-related, exercise science, kinesiology, or physical education program and working towards a bachelor's degree preferred.
Prior work experience or an internship in the fitness industry preferred.
Must be outgoing, personable and have the ability to motivate members and actively teach assigned courses.
CPR/AED certification required within 90 days of hire.
Nationally recognized NCCA accredited certification preferred.
Certification for some specialty group exercise class instruction is required as needed.
Must possess excellent inter-personal and communication skills, and the ability to work with members in a positive, service based manner.
Ability to multi-task and maintain a controlled and professional demeanor.
Proficient computer skills.
Reports to: Fitness Manager, Fitness Supervisor, Fitness Coordinator or as designated
Interrelationships: Members, guests, employees
Position Purpose/General Summary
The purpose of the Fitness Assistant is to provide the highest level of customer service for members and guests by maintaining order and safety on the fitness floor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Oversee all interactions on the fitness floor and maintain a safe environment for all members and guests of the center.
2. Maintain a high level of visibility and engagement with all members and guests.
3. Schedule all appointments for fitness assessments, orientations and follow up appointments complying with established protocols.
4. Provide fitness floor supervision, orientations and basic exercise instruction for members and guests.
5. Provide appropriate re-direction to members performing dangerous or harmful exercises.
6. Arrive as first responder to all medical emergencies with urgency, bringing AED and additional first aid supplies. Complete incident report for all medical emergencies.
7. Assist in the planning and implementation of member retention programs.
8. Promote and effectively sell all ancillary services including, but not limited to personal training, medically integrated programs, wellness coaching and nutrition services.
9. Maintain knowledge of all events and activities within the center.
10. Maintain all member information in a secure area.
11. Perform facility rounds every 30-60 minutes including monitoring of all pool, locker rooms and fitness related areas.
12. Perform opening and closing procedures on weekdays, weekends and holidays as scheduled.
13. Maintain cleanliness of fitness areas and equipment, inspect equipment and upholstery and report any required maintenance or repair, removing the equipment from service until maintenance is completed.
14. Ability to lift 45 pounds.
15. Be proficient in all core business software as it relates to job duties and responsibilities.
16. Work towards meeting departmental and organizational goals.
17. The ability to be flexible and accommodating as it relates to center hours, work schedules and scheduling appointments for prospects and members.
18. Must meet all safety requirements and certifications necessary to perform job duties.
19. Demonstrate complete knowledge of emergency and safety procedures including the use of facility paging system and confidence in calling and communicating with EMS.
20. Participate in Company's HIPAA and related training.
21. Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during interactions and work related relationships with all persons at the center including but not limited to members, guests and employees as provided in the Employee Handbook at the time of hire.
22. Demonstrate Power Wellness Core Values & Beliefs.
23. Other duties as assigned.
We Improve Life By Delivering Excellence In Health, Fitness & Wellness Management.
Integrity * Excellence * Humanity * Passion * Creativity * Humility