Founded by Josh Harris and David Blitzer, Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment (HBSE) includes in its portfolio the Philadelphia 76ers, the New Jersey Devils, leading venue Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., the GRAMMY Museum Experience Prudential Center, the Delaware Blue Coats, the Binghamton Devils, the Sixers Innovation Lab Crafted by Kimball, and renowned esports franchise Dignitas. Led by some of the best and brightest minds across a diverse spectrum of industries, HBSE positions itself as one of the most pioneering, innovative global sports and entertainment businesses to date. HBSE also strives to positively impact the local communities in which it operates through the powerful platform of sports.
HBSE offers an energetic work environment built on collaboration, growth, and a quest to excel in everything we do. Prudential Center in downtown Newark, N.J. hosts more than 175 concerts, family shows and special events annually and is the fourth-ranked sports and entertainment venue in the U.S. by Pollstar and Billboard. It is home to the New Jersey Devils, a renowned NHL franchise with three Stanley Cup championships and a proud, passionate fan base. Prudential Center is also home to the brand-new GRAMMY Museum Experience, the first and only of its kind on the east coast.
The ideal candidate has a bachelor’s degree in addition to 6+ years of experience preferably within an institutional real estate fund or an institutionally backed sponsor, and most recently developing large scale mixed-use projects. The firm is comprised of exceptionally talented professionals who are dedicated to a common long-term objective of developing and acquiring real estate that are highly profitable and improve communities around sports and entertainment venues. The professional will work in the firm’s investment and development group to acquire operating properties, acquire/execute development projects, and work selectively on Sports and Entertainment Real Estate Related Investment Opportunities.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Independently lead and prepare financial models, projections, and analyses on prospective property acquisition and development opportunities including market analysis, lease analysis, budget creation, project scope, and return on investment modeling.
- Produce deal evaluations for internal review and participate with principals in meetings to consider potential acquisition and development opportunities with minimal oversight.
- Lead the preparation of acquisition proposals and offer letters.
- Research market data/demographics including interfacing with brokers to obtain comparable lease and sales information.
- Interface and produce marketing materials and presentations to prospective institutional investors and lenders.
- Lead due diligence and closing activities.
- Assist in formulating deal structures considering legal, financial, real estate, and investor/capital aspects of the transaction.
- Aid and manage documentation of deal including purchase, joint venture, and financing agreements
- Lead preparation of internal and external presentations.
- Assist with all aspects of a development: financing, entitlement / government approvals, public relations, design, leasing / marketing, and construction.
- Monitor construction costs, budgeting, and the timeline of deliverables.
- Work on special projects as assigned, including formulating investment strategies and prospective business lines.
EDUCATIONAL & BASIC KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree required with a concentration in real estate, finance, business, or accounting.
- Critical Evaluation- excellence in problem-solving, must exhibit good judgement
- Leadership & Navigation- outstanding management and leadership skills
- Ethical & have Global & Cultural Awareness
- Developed communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong analytical and storytelling skills
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Business Acumen: entrepreneurial, hardworking, and highly collaborative leader
- Work well under pressure and sound judgement in crisis situations
- Dedication to innovative thinking and execution
- Ability to balance several tasks simultaneously and to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Be adaptable and adjust to changing project scopes and timelines
- Ability to handle a variety of responsibilities by taking initiative; self-starter
- Relationship Management: excellent interpersonal skills; able to interact with vendors, colleagues and clients
- Must possess a friendly and professional attitude; a great teammate
- Professional attitude with a high energy level, strong work ethic and punctuality
- Strong mentoring skills with the capability of developing employees
- 6+ years of professional experience working within an institutional real estate fund or an institutionally backed sponsor is preferred with a demonstrated deal sheet across property types, most recently in mixed-use development.
- Outstanding proficiency in creating complex financial models for real estate financial analysis using Excel and Argus, including knowledge of advanced Excel functions and ability to create joint venture waterfalls.
- Demonstrated success managing the life cycle of a transaction from acquisition through development and delivery.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and communication skills. Demonstrable understanding of financial statements, use of comparative data and financial forecasting is required.
- Ability to work in a challenging, fast paced environment and handle multiple projects at the same time including travel on an as-need basis. Accuracy and attention to detail is critical.
- Willing to question assumptions, demonstrated passion for continuing education, and has a strong interest in the built environment. Integrity and collaboration are key.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $37,532.00 - $137,782.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- project scope, and return on investment modeling.: 3 years (Required)
- Monitor construction costs, budgeting, and the timeline: 3 years (Required)
- preparation of acquisition proposals and offer letters: 3 years (Required)
- Research market data/demographics: 3 years (Required)
- Interface and produce marketing materials and presentation: 3 years (Required)
- Produce deal evaluations for internal review: 3 years (Required)
- Assist in formulating deal structures: 3 years (Required)
- RE Acquisition ( financial models, projections & analyses): 3 years (Required)
- Lead due diligence and closing activities: 3 years (Required)
- Aid and manage documentation of deal including purchase: 3 years (Required)
- participate with principals in meetings: 3 years (Required)
- Development(market analysis/lease analysis/budget creations): 3 years (Required)
- What's your base salary expectations?
Security Clearance Required:
- Temporarily due to COVID-19