Job Title: Director of Facilities
FLSA Status: Full-time/Exempt
Total Employees Supervised: TBD
Pay Grade: Salary
Location: Tempe/Phoenix, Az (preferred)
Reports to: Chief Technology Officer
Cost Center: IT
The Director of Facilities is responsible for managing the design, planning, construction and maintenance of buildings, equipment, utilities and other EAW facilities. The position plans, budgets, schedules and manages tenant improvements projects, facility modifications, including estimates on equipment, labor, materials and other related costs.
The Director of Facilities works with the Chief Technology Officer to:
- Negotiate the terms of lease agreements.
- Negotiate and execute vendor contracts for security, maintenance, repairs and services for all EAW buildings.
- Drive improvements and cost reduction in facilities by standardizing services and vendors.
- Coordinate all repair and maintenance activities with landlords, universities, contractors and EAW Operations.
The Director of Facilities works with each site’s IT Director to make sure the buildings and grounds are maintained, including daily and weekly cleaning schedules as well as determining and scheduling repairs, renovation projects, waste reduction improvements and safety inspections.
- Oversees the management of building space allocation and layout, construction services, and facility expansion.
- Plans, budgets and schedules tenant improvements, facility modifications, including cost estimates and vendor selection
- Manages construction and tenant improvement projects.
- Initiates planned maintenance programs for all building equipment provided by EAW.
- Manages preventive maintenance of facility equipment, including HVAC and office equipment.
- Works with the site IT Director to oversee the parking programs at each of the sites.
- Works with the site IT Director to oversee the cleaning and maintenance of facility.
- Develops and administers budgets related to building construction, maintenance and services.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Education: BS in Business, Construction Management or similar discipline. Equivalent level of work experience may be acceptable.
- 5-10 years of technical maintenance experience.
- Direct supervisory experience working with contractors and service providers.
- Project Management: Ability to create and execute detailed project plans using Microsoft Project. Project management certification such as PMP preferred.
- Budgeting: Experience in cost forecasting and expense management.
- Communications: Ability to work across multiple sites within a matrixed organization.
- Negotiation: Ability to negotiate with vendors, suppliers and contractors.
- Contract Management: Experience in managing real-estate, facilities and vendor contracts.
- Software: Proficient with Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.).
Supervisory Responsibility, if any: Yes
- Prolonged times of both sitting and standing
- Physical labor, including reaching with arms and lifting
THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT OF 1990 (ADA) PROHIBITS DISCRIMINATION IN COMPENSATION AND EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AGAINST QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES. TO DETERMINE WHETHER AN INDIVIDUAL IS QUALIFIED, THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF EACH JOB MUST BE IDENTIFIED. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS ARE THOSE THAT ARE INTRINSIC TO THE POSITION, AND THAT THE INDIVIDUAL(S) WHO HOLDS THE JOBS MUST BE ABLE TO PERFORM WITH OR WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION.
Job Type: Full-time
- Supervising: 1 year (Preferred)
- Maintenance: 5 years (Preferred)