Full Job Description
The Army is looking for a thorough Criminal investigator to study crime scenes and identify the guilt of a criminal. You will collect evidence, search, interview, interrogate and apply various investigation methods. The successful candidate will be able to employ modern scientific techniques in order to determine and illuminate the truth about how a crime occurred.
- Process military crime scenes by performing scene recognition, scene documentation, and evidence collection
- Operate within the applicable laws governing the investigations
- Initiate preliminary survey, generate initial theories and keep the ones that are not eliminated by incoming information
- Thoroughly document scenes and gather potential evidence (physical, specimens, documents, photographs, statements etc) to send to a crime lab
- Examine and evaluate evidence for conflicting interpretations and resolve issues
- Draft detailed investigative reports and be prepared to present evidence to the prosecutor
- Find that nuance or piece of information that will be the crucial break
- Identify, apprehend and prosecute the perpetrators
- Proven working experience as a criminal investigator
- Hands-on experience with crime scenes analysis and forensic science
- Proficient in interpreting evidence and reconstructing events
- Ability to observe minute details and to produce detailed reports
- In-depth knowledge of criminal law, rules and legislation
- Familiarity with all evidence types (e.g. circumstantial, direct, trace, hearsay etc) and the rules governing their admissibility
- Thorough understanding of the investigation process and the unique circumstances of each case
- Strong analytical skills along with good interviewing and interrogation skills
- Honest and ethical with high levels of integrity and confidentiality
- BS degree in forensic science, criminal law, criminology or relevant field
- Paid training
- A monthly paycheck
- Montgomery GI Bill
- Federal and State tuition assistance
- Retirement benefits for part-time service
- Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
- 401(k)-type savings plan
- Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing loans)
- Health care benefits available
- VA home loans
- Bonuses, if applicable
MINIMUM ENLISTMENT STANDARDS
- Must be at least 17 years old and not have reached the 35th birthday by the date of accession.
- Written parental consent required for 17-year-olds before processing.
- Army enlistment is required.
- Must pass enlistment physical.
- Must meet conduct eligibility requirements/screening.
- Must qualify on Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) and other required pre-requisite tests.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $80,000.00 /year
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
- Store Discounts
- Other forms
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Signing bonus
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement