Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell UOP, headquartered in Des Plaines, Illinois, USA, is a leading international supplier and licensor of process technology, catalysts, adsorbents, process plants, and consulting services to the petroleum refining, petrochemical, gas processing and renewable industries. UOP is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Honeywell International, Inc. and is part of Honeywell’s Performance Materials and Technologies strategic business group.
Honeywell UOP is seeking a qualified individual to perform electron microscopy analyses in the Microscopy & Metallurgy group. This career opportunity is available for an Engineer/Scientist - R&D within our Materials Characterization department, part of UOP’s Research & Development organization. The individual should have practical laboratory experience in electron microscopy, including scanning electron microscopy (SEM) and transmission electron microscopy (TEM).
The successful candidate is expected to perform crystallographic analysis and elucidate structure solutions of complex materials such as adsorbents and support matrix materials. In addition, the candidate will be expected to perform routine SEM characterization analyses, instrument maintenance, microstructural and compositional analyses. All of these efforts will be in support of New Product Development (NPD), exploratory research and resolving issues in manufacturing for our Integrated Supply Chain (ISC). This opportunity will provide ample learning opportunities and hands-on experience operating state of the art instrumentation. Additionally, the position will allow interaction with various groups conducting exploratory research in areas of energy, adsorbents, membranes and catalysts.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD Degree in Chemistry, Materials Science, Physics or related field
- 4+ years’ experience operating optical microscopes and scanning electron microscopes (SEM) and energy dispersive X-ray spectroscopy (EDX)
- 4+ years’ experience working with transmission electron microscopes (TEM)
- Experience resolving crystal structures using electron crystallography
- Experience with other crystallographic methods such as X-ray diffraction, atomic pair distribution function analysis, neutron diffraction
- Experience working in a research laboratory setting
- Experience working with catalysts and adsorbents
- Experience working in a team environment and good interpersonal skills
- Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal)
50 E Algonquin Rd, Des Plaines, IL 60017-5016 USA