Software Engineer – Level 1:TS/SCI FS POLY ||Fort Meade, MD. || REQ. ID CV753:The Mission::
At CTP, you are essential in shaping the support to multiple projects on a large scope; impacting national and global defense efforts facilitated by federal agencies. We execute each operation by bringing individual, real-world mission experience to life for our customers. We give our customers what they can't get from anyone else. We are not experts in our trade, we are crafters of the trade itself. We stand strong and remain reliable in our craft, while still being ever-changing and ever-adapting; we hope you are too.
Who is CTP? :
Service-Disabled Veteran, Woman Owned Small Business; Leading a team on multiple cyber-security, networks, and engineering efforts in the federal government-contracting realm. We put our people first and have since 2007. We’re passionate about the cause. We’re dedicated to the mission. We’re here to serve. We’re here for you:, we’re here on behalf of you, :and we’re here because of you:. Our team, our customers, our clients; We’re Partners. We’re your Columbia Technology, Partners.:
This position is for a Software Engineer to support mission-critical application and web service development in support of an Identity and Access Management (IdAM) solution. Technical responsibilities include support for software design, development, integration, test, and operational maintenance. Development includes the acquisition of attributes from authoritative sources, integration with a COTS LDAP or Virtual Directory, and Attribute Based Access Control (ABAC) Web Services
The Environment: :
The position is in a collaborative environment with other network/platform engineers and system/application administrators. Minimum supervision.
Not everyone can be a Software Engineer. You’ll need to have:
We’d also love to see: :
- An Active TS/SCI clearance + FS polygraph. :If you don’t currently have this, we hate to say this just as much as you hate to hear it – This is a deal-breaker and a hard requirement.
- 3 years :of Software Engineering work experience, a promise that you’ve executed a similar job before, and that you’ve done it well.
- Bachelor's degree: in a business or related technical discipline; proven track record of dedication, through education & commitment.
- 4 years of additional experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree, making the total requirement 7 years of experience.
Experience with any of the following:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – Able to clearly communicate architecture and design concepts.
- Ability to write technical documentation including wiki sites, blogs, XML/HTML.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including the ability to multi-task and work independently with minimum supervision to meet deadlines.
- Java/JEE programming building robust, scalable, secure, and high-performance applications
- Developing and hosting software on RHEL or CentOS platforms
- Commercial middleware platforms/Application Servers (e.g. JBoss, Tomcat, WebLogic)
- Implementing and integrating with API and Web Services (SOAP and REST)
- LDAP protocol, directories, and replication (RedHat DS)
- PKI encryption and authentication
- Relational databases and programming via JDBC
- Version Control (GIT, SVN, CVS or similar)
- Ticketing systems (JIRA, Redmine, or similar)
- Docker Containers
If you think you’d be a good fit, don’t hesitate to apply! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.