We are hiring a Entry Level Programmer Analyst
In person only
Years of Experience:
1-3 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
Entry level skills writing database scripts, stored procedures, functions, triggers, and ISS packages are required.
Serve as a Programmer/Analyst under the guidance of the immediate supervisor or senior level Programmer/Analyst. Use basic principles and procedures of methodology, and automated data processing to design, develop, debug, test, and maintain complex software applications. These applications exist on a wide variety of platforms including PC-based, Web-based, Mobile, and Mainframe. Legacy application development and maintenance may require knowledge of other platforms.
- Participate in daily scrums, project planning, and project review meetings.
- Design and document IT solutions which conform to State of Michigan standard technology.
- Work with DTMB AS PMO Managers and client agency managers and supervisors with IT project estimating, and budgeting.
- Code scripts and coordinate application peer testing, load testing and system integration testing.
- Create, update, and maintain systems and IT programs documentation, including system specs and flow diagrams.
- Develop software code based on design.
- Design solutions for a specific application need.
- Code to standards.
- Work with the business client to create test scenarios. Design and develop test plans, applications, or subsystems.
- Provide defect tracking log entry information.
- Test the database and associated design to ensure compliance with the business rules which govern the database.
- Implement IT solutions.
- Maintain and upgrade systems as a result of tool upgrades.
- Documents identified problems and analyze to determine root cause and provide root cause analysis.
- Follow change management procedures and provide input to execute change management.
- Work with vendors who provide IT solutions.
- Represents DTMB as a technical resource at meeting.
- Performs assigned tasks for internal/external security and standards review and development.
- Identify potential impacts of changes.
- Research, test and recommend new development tools, languages, upgrades and equipment as directed by senior team members.
- Apply State government processes to systems that support the DNR, DEQ, and MDARD.
- Apply Agency business rules to system and program design.
- Document changes to existing programs using standards established by DTMB management.
- Follow client’s policies for access and distribution of reports and data.
- Maintain work log and status.
- Perform tasks for internal/external security and standards review as directed.
- Follow DTMB Problem Management processes to resolve client problems reported through Remedy trouble tickets, phone calls and email.
- Update assigned trouble tickets with status comments to keep clients and co-workers informed.
About Peer Solutions Group, Inc
Peer Solutions Group, a full-service, Minority Certified (MBE) IT Services company founded by professionals with hands on experience in Staffing, Recruiting, Project Management, Technology and Consulting. Since the past 10+ years, we have helped our customers strengthen their competitive advantage, reduce operational costs, and improve efficiency by providing our Personalized Effective Efficient Reliable services with integrity, intellectual growth, quality, respect and positive thinking. Our core capabilities include but are not limited to:
Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
Business Process Analysis, Re-engineering and Automation
Cyber Security Consulting
Project Management Consulting
Custom Application Development/Programming
IT Staffing - Contract & Permanent
Peer Solutions Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing the right opportunities for the right people. We have a culture of entrepreneurship and innovation where our employees can make a difference. We are looking for like-minded, dynamic individuals to come and join our rapidly expanding team.