Halco has been in business for 34 years and has grown into the largest Home Performance/Renewable Energy company in New York State. We have been recognized by several regional and national authorities, including the U.S. Department of Energy, as a national pioneer and leader in this industry. We have divisions that provide HVAC, plumbing, and electrical services for both our residential and commercial customers. From Rochester to Syracuse and down through Elmira, Halco serves thousands of customers across 23 counties in the Finger Lakes region.
Halco is expanding it's Residential Installation division and now has immediate openings for full-time, year-round HVAC and Insulation Installers to help meet our customers' needs throughout the Upstate NY area! We are seeking out high-energy candidates that have a working knowledge and/or prior experience in the insulation, heating, air conditioning or plumbing trades for these positions. However if you lack experience or are just starting out and looking to begin your career in these fields, we will train the right individuals, provided they have a strong mechanical aptitude, exemplary work ethic and a positive "can-do" attitude! In addition, we are fortunate enough to be one of the few contractors in the area to offer an official paid apprenticeship program directly through the New York State Department of Labor for both of these trades. If you think you have what it takes to succeed and want to start your career in the skilled trades, apply today and join the Finger Lakes' premier Home Performance, Renewable Energy and HVAC Contractor!
The HVAC Apprentice's primary duties are to take direction from their foreman and successfully negotiate the safe and successful installation of boilers, furnaces, ductless splits, heat pumps, water heaters, A/C units, ductwork and other related products for our residential customers.
The Energy Efficiency Technician's primary function is to take direction from their Foreman and conduct residential energy-efficient improvements for our customers, as prescribed by the Energy Advisor. These improvements may consist of spray foam insulation and air-sealing work, window & door replacement, basement waterproofing, etc.
Candidates will be expected to:
- Have the physical ability to lift 50 lbs.+ consistently and the agility to maneuver in and work efficiently in tight areas, crawl spaces, etc.
- Possess a strong mechanical aptitude
- Understand how to provide customer service on a level that will both maintain our existing customer base and attract new clientele
- Be organized, efficient and punctual
- Possess the ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Have a valid NY State drivers license with a clean driving record
- Maintain a clean, professional appearance with a positive, goal-oriented attitude daily
Competitive hourly wage will be based on the individual's experience, skill set and potential
- Paid vacation, holiday, sick days
- 401(k) available after 1yr of continuous employment with company match
- Company-provided 3rd party supplementary disability policy
- Full medical/dental packages available
- Company-issued uniform